Chapter twenty nine

After rehearsals on Wednesday of musicals week, Di and Emelia had been invited over to Amy's for a cup of tea, seeing as Emelia hadn't seen her auntie Amy in absolutely ages. This also gave Joe a chance to spend time with the boys, who he hadn't seen in absolutely ages.

"Have fun my girlies, and say hi to Amy for me." Dianne kissed his lips as the two stood by the door, Emelia amusing herself just outside the apartment in the hall.

"I will. We'll be back around eight, weather she's asleep or not I'm not sure, she seems hyper today."

"She does, doesn't she." The two watched her for a brief moment. "Alright." He clapped his hands together. "I'll see you in a few hours then, love you."

"Love you too." She kissed him goodbye, walking away with Emelia hand in hand before he shut the door, sighing as he walked to sit on the sofa, sipping his tea and thinking about how his life had changed. The last time he and the boys had all met up, he and Di were in the early stages of Strictly, and now they were in a serious relationship and he had become a father figure to Emelia.

///

"Caspar, hows it going mate?"

Even though Joe hadn't spoken to quite a few of the boys, he had still spoken to Caspar quite a lot. Since having Emelia in his life, Caspar and Ambar had been helping out with babysitting and things like that, much to Joe and Dianne's delight. Some could say that having Emelia in his life had brought them closer together.

They bro - hugged. "Great, first one here I see." Joe passed him a drink after pulling away. "Yeah, the others should be here soon. How's Ambar?"

Caspar blushed. "Good, we're in a really good place and I feel like we're getting serious. How's Di?"

It was Joe's turn to blush, feeling the blood rush to his cheeks. "Good. She's with Emelia at Amy's tonight."

"Oh right." Caspar put his drink down. "And How is Emelia, you mentioned that she went to the children's BAFTAs with you guys." Joe nodded, Caspar and himself walking to sit on the sofas, the TV showing a programme in the background, low volume.

"Yeah, she came. She loved it, it was hard having to distance myself from either of them but it went alright, thankfully the press haven't really said anything." Caspar nodded, thinking.

"Oh that's really good. I'm really happy for you bud, took you long enough." Joe punched his arm gently, hearing him laugh out loud. The door bell rang, Joe getting up.

"Shut up, but they were worth the wait." Joe opened the door, Jack, Mikey and Conor stood in the doorway, both grinning and bringing him into bro hugs in turn. Jack and Conor hadn't seen Joe more or less since late August, so it was a long time coming.

After Conor, Jack and Mikey all had greeted Joe and Caspar and got their drinks, they all sat down on the sofa, all in light spirits. Jack stole Conor's drink, taking a nonchalant sip.

"Hey, you have your own!" Jack shrugged, feeling Conor hit him lightly.

"I know, I just felt like it." Caspar, Joe and Mikey all fave amused laughs, both brothers rolling their eyes.

"You're so bloody annoying."

"Love you too darling brother."