Chapter twenty five

Dianne was pulling on her jacket, the three of them getting ready to head to the tower ballroom for the first time. "You excited to meet Joe's nan?"

Emelia nodded while Joe helped her into her own coat, helping her zip it up. "I'm really excited." He finished up before going to put his own coat on, sighing as he looked in the mirror.

"I'm excited for you both to meet her, and for us to perform for her."

Since day one, all he wanted was for his family to be proud of him, particularly his nan who used to dance in Blackpool, doing ballroom dances such as the foxtrot, waltz. On top of that, some of his family would be meeting Dianne and Emelia for the first time, not his dance partner and her daughter but his girlfriend and her little one, it daunted him but excited him equally.

Dianne nodded eagerly, giving him a supportive hug from behind. "So are we, I bet all your family are lovely, just like you." He smiled, turning and too returning the embrace.

"Well they are, and I guess that's one thing you'll both have in common with them." She smiled, noticing Emelia begin to bounce on the bed, sighing and holding her hand up.

"Absolutely not, can you get down please." She turned back to Joe, pecking him on the lips. "Come on, we best get going." He chuckled, grabbing their things.

"Alright. Ready everyone?"

Emelia nodded eagerly before bouncing over to them and saluting.

"Eye eye captain!"

///

"Oh isn't this amazing, our Joseph is actually going to perform here." Tracey said, coming into the ballroom. Along with Tracey there was also Graham, and of course Phillis. Phillis was taking in the tower, in all its decadence, not having changed since her dancing days.

"I know, it's just remarkable. We also get to meet Dianne, and her little daughter too, isn't that wonderful." Graham commented, Tracey grinning. She nodded, still in awe of the space they were in.

From the very early stages of their relationship, Joe had always kept his parents updated, and of course he told them about Emelia, and they were delighted, as were all his family and friends. They hadn't expected this to come of Strictly Come Dancing, not in a million years, but definitely weren't complaining, they had simply made him so much happier.

"It really is, do you know how old?"

"I think he said five or six, still very young." Tracey nodded, seeing Tess and Claudia come over, also eager to meet the lady who had influenced Joe's Strictly journey a great deal.

"Hey guys, you must be Joe's family. I'm Tess, this is Claudia, it's so lovely to meet you." They all smiled warmly, shaking both of the presenters hands in turn. After a brief conversation, the two presenters went away. However, not long after that, the three musketeers, one significantly smaller than the other two, came over.

Needless to say, Joe's family were all in awe of the blonde haired blue eyed child who stuck to Joe's side like PVA glue. Dianne was trying to keep calm, although she was nervous, this was his family she was meeting, it was understandably extremely important.

"Hi mum, dad, nan. How was the trip?"

"Good." Tracey said, taking in both of the girls. "So Who are these lovely ladies?"

Joe grinned, he may or may not have went red on his cheeks, something that his mum had immediately noticed. "This is the lovely Dianne, or Dotty as I may have said, you may have seen her dance once or twice."

All of them let out an amused chuckle. "Maybe once or twice." Graham reiterated, Dianne also laughing. "It's wonderful to meet you Dianne."

"Thank you Graham." Joe smiled, grateful that things were going well. "It's wonderful to meet you all too."