Chapter seven

Twenty seven.

On this day in 1991, a star, youtuber, author, actor and now dancer, and of course legend, was born. He was raised in Lacock, travelled the world, learnt to thatch roofs and made a career out of making videos, and now...he was walking into his house, just having been to the gym, to find his sister and boyfriend both blowing up balloons and preparing the house for what was sure to be one hell of a night.

"Oh hey guys, where did you sprout from?" Joe was surprised to see his sister here so early, busying herself away by decorating. Zoe had a passion for hosting, something he had inherited from Tracey, she really loved it and even went to the length of giving attention to the little things, the little things that made people felt welcome.

Zoe tied up a balloon, flicking it towards her brother. "The car outside. Have fun at the gym, and Alf, can you pass me the next pack of balloons?" He did, before going back to drying up the last glass that had needed washing before placing it with all the others.

"Yeah, it was nice to do something normal. Thanks for doing this Zo, you didn't have to." She rolled her eyes while blowing up a balloon before taking the end between her finger tips.

"Don't be silly, plus you know how I love a good get together. Anyway, we were just talking about your partner. Alfie thinks it's Amy, but I say Janette." Joe shrugged, earning a "Ugh!" from Zoe.

"Please, the suspense is killing me!" She tugged on his arm, like a little kid who's parent wouldn't tell them what they had gotten for Christmas. "Pretty please?"

"All in good time Zoe, all in good time." She huffed, swiping a spec of dust off the football table with her pointer finger.

"You're so annoying. Let's just say, is there anyone who does know?" Joe nodded, Zoe grinning.

"Love you too Zozebo, and only Byron, but he's sworn to secrecy." As if on cue, he came through the door with Emily, Zoe's head snapped around to see him.

"Byron? Can I ask you a question?"

///

Emelia was pottering around the house, weather it be doing some reading, homework, drawing or dancing. Although she had no siblings to be playing with, she felt content in her own company, unlike many other five year olds. As you may have realised, reader, Emelia wasn't like other five year olds: she was indeed very special, and Dianne felt blessed to have her in her life, although she had no one to share that with. Yet.

Meanwhile, Dianne was hurriedly getting ready for the party that very night, just having gotten out of a long, hot shower and now pacing around her room, deciding what to wear. Emelia had heard the loud, and considerably violent, walking, and took it upon herself to find out what was going on, wondering if she could help out at all.

She knocked on the door. "What's wrong mama, can I help at all?" Dianne called her in, needing to spend time with someone other than the people in her head that seemed to be driving her crazy, and not one for turning down her daughter.

"Nothings wrong angel, is getting ready for a party tonight and can't decide what to wear. Want to help?" Emelia beamed, nodding with excitement. Dianne saw it as an opportunity to spend some quality time with her daughter, who loved playing dress up, rather than spend time stressing out over something that was meant to be a positive experience.

Emelia browsed through her mother's wardrobe, with permission of course, and chose a gold sparkly jacket that had screamed "party" and some black jeans, and a black top that was off the shoulders, not too shabby for a five year old. She carried them over to the bed, more like they were draped over her shoulders, the jacket over her head. It was so cute, and so very amusing. Once the clothes were laid out, she stepped back.