Chapter twenty eight

"Angel, I need to curl your hair please." Emelia was skipping around the spare room, too excited to sit still, as much as she needed to. Dianne sighed. "Please. I'll count down otherwise."

Emelia sighed, sitting down. "Okay. Are you going to do it all pretty? Like a princess?"

"I'll try my very best." Emelia nodded, Dianne curling the first strands of hair. "You excited, you get to wear your new dress."

That morning they had quickly popped out to Debenhams, choosing out both of their dresses. Dianne's was a black one with cap sleeves, coming down slightly longer at the back. Emelia's was a baby blue dress which had thin straps and a few layers of tulle, matching her eyes perfectly.

Around half way through Joe popped in, seeing two of his favourite girlies. "Hey girls, when am I getting my hair curled?"

Both girls laughed, Emelia in hysterics. "That's funny. Are you actually going to?"

"No angel, maybe one day though." Dianne scowled, causing Joe to hold his hands up in surrender mode. "Or not."

Dianne chuckled. "Anyway, What time do you think we should leave, just so we can pace ourselves?" Joe took a moment to think, sitting back down on the bed, tapping his chin.

"Maybe at quarter to seven, that way we would get there around ten past, earlier than most, avoid the flock of celebrities all at once." Dianne nodded, seeing his point while sectioning off her hair a bit more.

Twenty minutes later, Joe was in his bedroom doing up his tie. He had chosen a navy suit was a burgundy tie, a combination he went for quite regularly. While he was doing up his tie, he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in."

Emelia opened the door, looking around. "Oh hey angel, your hair looks very pretty. Did you say thank you to mummy?"

She nodded. Joe smiled in the mirror, seeing her reflection. "Good girl."

"Have you seen my white hair bow, I think I left it in here the other day." Her eyes scanned the room. Joe looked around as well, quickly spotting it on one of the bedside tables.

"Oh, on the bedside table, is that it?" She shot her head there, recognising the accessory. She bounced over, her blonde curls bouncing along.

"Thank you Joe. Mama said to tell you that she'd be in in a minute, I think." She had to concentrate really hard, it was cute. "Do you know who else is going?" Emelia sat down on the bed, cross legged.

"Dr Ranj I think, off get well soon, a lot of people from kids TV that I can't name though." Joe chuckled, as the only person he knew was going was Dr Ranj Singh.

She beamed. "Oh I like Dr Ranj, he's a funny person, and get well soon is very good." In that moment Dianne came through the door, carrying both of their dresses, one black and the other blue.

"Hey you two, Dr Ranj has suggested we all go together, up to you but we'd need to leave soon. Just texted me." Emelia grinned up at Dianne.

"Sounds good. What time would we need to leave?"

Five minutes before they were to meet Dr Ranj outside, they were all just getting their things together. Emelia was skipping around, twirling around in her new favourite pretty poofy dress while the two adults stood by the kitchen.