Chapter seventeen

"Why are there so many...song about rainbows, and what's on the other side..."

As he lead her around the room that Tuesday morning, every time they touched seemed to make the butterflies in his stomach float faster, higher and make him feel as though he was floating on air. Even in the times as simple as when their hands would clasp in a ballroom hold, she would feel like she too was floating on air, and that the sky was the limit when it came to how much she loved him, how much they loved each other.

They had truly found their rainbow connection.

"The lovers, the dreamers and me..."

They finished their run sat on a makeshift log with their heads rested on top of each other, Joe taking a deep breath. Weather it would be a sigh of relief or regret, he would soon find out. "That was good, probably the best you've done it."

He sighed with relief. "Thank you, I did notice my frame go horribly wrong in the middle, it'll be better next time, as long as my shoulders behave themselves." Dianne chuckled.

"What you going to do, put them in the naught corner?" Joe laughed but nodded.

"Definitely." He read the clock on the wall, twelve thirty. "Lunch or another run?"

"Another run, and then yes, we will have lunch." He nodded, not too bad. She pressed play on the music before sprinting to her starting position. This dance meant an awful lot to Dianne, to them both, so Joe knew that it was paramount he tried his absolute hardest.

"All of us, under its spell. We know that it's probably, magic..." They were waltzing around in a loose embrace, gazing lovingly into each other's eyes, the chemistry vivid. This was cut short by Dianne's phone buzzing, both of them groaning.

"This happens way too often!" Joe laughed as he went to get some water, seeing his girlfriend walk over to answer the phone. She too was in amusement.

"I hate to say it, but it's true, and it's...the school?" She furrowed her eyebrows, putting the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" After she finished the phone call, she put her head in her hands, a little stressed.

"Emelia's inset day reminder, I forgot." she was clearly agitated that her memory wasn't on her side. Joe went over, wanting to help the situation along. "Do, do you mind if we bring her in?"

Joe shook his head. "Course not. Besides, Zoe is coming for the VT, she hasn't met Zoe before, has she?" Dianne sighed with relief, and also smiled at the thought of Emelia and herself meeting Zoe for the first time. They had told Zoe about them more or less straight away, and she was so excited for her brother, who she had never seen have a relationship, let alone one with someone with a child.

"No, I reckon she'll love her, even I haven't met Zoe. What's she like?" The two stood by the music box, casually holding one of their hands together as though it were totally normal for dance partners to do this.

"She's amazing, she's funny too, and has great fashion sense. You both will love her, trust me."

"I can't wait."

///

"We're back." Dianne exclaimed as the two entered the apartment. Byron had been kind enough to watch Emelia while they rehearsed, and now he was just sat watching some David Attenborough while Emelia did some drawing. Said drawing was short lived when she jumped up to see them both, giving them both hugs in turn.