Chapter twelve

Movie week on Strictly was the first week that came with a theme, and was one of the weeks where the costume and set departments really could show off their talent, whether it be painting people yellow as minions or creating high school prom scenes.

Each couple had their own theme, but also had their own dynamic as people, the relationship between them unique to them. Some were strong, like Stacey and Kevin, and they got on like a house on fire, the connection strong and full of fun. Others not so much, take Susanna and Aton for example who didn't have that much time to create any connection at all, a shame really.

However one couple had a connection that was so powerful, that some may even call it a rainbow connection, and that couple were currently just greeting each other on a chilly Monday morning in the centre of London, in one room in a big building, otherwise known as Elstree studios.

Dianne was putting on the music, and having a hard time doing so, when she felt two hands being placed on her hips, the callouses prominent and the person behind her also giving her the fright of her life. She screamed, hearing the memorable laugh from behind follow after. She turned around on her toes before resting her palms on the fabric of his black top, somewhere between his shoulders and chest.

"Joseph! I swear to god! Don't do that again, I'm getting you back so bad you have no. Freaking. Idea." She laughed against his shoulder, her heart slowly but surely returning to its usual pace.

The scent that came with the man with her was one she was determined to commit to memory, its ability to calm her, the familiarity of it reminding her of him, and his little ways of making her just that little bit...well a whole lot happier. He did the same, and felt the same but with her floral perfume, with fruity accents.

"I'd like to see you try, and hi." You could see the cheeky little grin on his cheeks, above his sharp jawline. She pecked his lips, but not before checking the coast was clear.

"Hi. So, Joseph, do you want to guess the dance we will be doing?" He thought for a second, quirking his eyebrow.

"I don't have a clue, maypole?" He joked making them both laugh, she shook her head.

"As much as that would be entertaining, we aren't doing a maypole dance. What even is that?" Truth was, she had no idea what that was. Then again, she didn't grow up in the West Country of england where maypole was a frequent occurrence.

"It's when you all get ribbons, put them on a pole and skip around, it's kind of a folk dance, I think I actually did it once at a school fate."

"Oh I bet that was fun. Speaking of school, we are doing high school musical! You know the one with Troy and Gabriella?" Joe rolled his eyes playfully.

"Course, and what genre may I ask?" She have a little drumroll, slapping her knees a little harder than she intended to.

"American smooth!" Joe's expression didn't change. It sounded like something he had heard of before, but that something was most definitely not a dance.

He scratched his head, a little confused. "I swear I got one of those in Starbucks last week." He shrugged his shoulders, followed by a fit of laughter from the red head. The little things, the little things he did, was one of the reasons why she sometimes felt her face hurt from laughter and smiles, the pain the best pain in the world.

"Wow, it's like. It's like a waltz but different, I'll show you the routine so you get the idea, catchy song as well." It was also a very romantic song, as Joe would come to know.

This was going to be one interesting dance, that was for certain. Chemistry always could be seen through dance, so if their secret wanted to remain secret, they would need to ensure that with every touch, moment of eye contact and even smile, came with control, or the truth would come spilling out, all over the strictly dance floor.