Chapter sixteen

"Hey Angel, How was school?" Emelia got in the backseat of Joe's car that Friday afternoon. After running their cha cha cha, the celebrities were free to leave however the pros had to run their dance, hotter than hell.

Emelia put on her seatbelt. "Good. We did lots of maths, I got homework." She huffed, not liking the idea of homework at all.

"Do you not like homework then?" She shook her head. He started up the car, the music blasting through his phone. "Are there any songs you'd like played?"

"For the first time in forever, there'll be music, there'll be light, for the first time in forever, I'll be dancing through the night..." Emelia was giving Joe one of her five star performances, belting at the top of her lungs.

///

"Thank you. Can you help me with this question please, I'm stuck." Joe had made the them both a sandwich each and they were now sat at the kitchen counter, Emelia's maths homework in front of her also. Joe wasn't exactly the greatest mathmetician, but knew a thing or two.

He had just texted Dianne saying "Ello love, just helping her with maths, Hope rehearsal is going alright x." to which she replied "oh thank you, and it's good. I'll be back in an hour x." He put his phone away.

"Yep. What's the question?"

She read. "Four times four. Forty four?" Joe chuckled, seeing why she'd say that.

"Good try angel. What's four plus four?" She used her fingers to count.

"Eight."

"What's that plus four?"

"Twelve."

"And another four, which makes four lots of four?"

"Sixteen. Four times four is sixteen!" She grinned, the realisation hitting her. Joe held his hand up, her giving him a high five with a loud "clap"

"Well done! Right, write that down and then eat a little more please." She nodded, scribbling the answer down in reasonably neat calligraphy before eating the first quarter. "Good girl."

The sandwiches had been eaten, the homework had been done and now Joe was just washing up the plates. He could hear Emelia saying things like "how does this thing work?" and "what is this?" After he put the two plates away, he went to investigate.

"What's happening here then?" She pointed to the Alexa machine. "Oh, you want to turn it on?"

"Yes please. Does it play music?" Joe nodded, seeing the green and blue ring of light. She beamed, thinking up a song.

"Yeah, So What you do is say 'hey Alexa! Play whatever song you want to be played. Do you want me to show you?" She nodded again as Joe lifted her onto the counter, having seen her try to climb it as though it a jungle gym. "What song?"

"Best song ever by one direction!" Joe grinned, remembering Zoe non stop singing this in the car at every chance she could.

"Hey Alexa! Play best song ever!"

"Hey guys, did you do your homework..." Dianne trailer off, coming in but trailing off speechless as she saw the cutest thing ever, something that confirmed even more so that this was right, this was the start of the future. Joe and Emelia were dancing together in the kitchen, holding hands and occasionally he would even twirl her under his arm, she pouted a little.

"Are we having a dance party, I would have came sooner." She giggled, throwing her bags down and joining them, Joe grinning and them sharing a little kiss, now the three all dancing together.