Chapter fifteen

Dianne woke up to the sun blazing through the window. London, on that particular day, had reasonably good weather, lots of sunshine but a bitter breeze to go with it. Feeling Joe close to her, she flickered her eyes open while smiling tiredly. Last night had been one of the best sleeps she had had in a long time, a very long time. Being held like that, in the presence of another, of him, made her feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

Rolling over, she took in the man next to her. Everything about him was everything she had wanted, from physical aspects like his charming eyes to the emotional ones like his sense of humour, and of course how he had made an effort with Emelia so early on. Dianne had truly found something special in him. A few moments after she rolled over, she felt his arm pull her closer, sensing her movement. She shifted closer to him in return, feeling their noses brush slightly. His scent had flooded in the air around him, some of it flirting with her senses almost.

His eyes flickered open gradually, those little blue hues becoming clearer and clearer until eventually their sleepy eyes met, tired smiles also meeting.

"Morning beautiful." She giggled, gently pressing her lips to his, feeling his move with them before they parted.

"Morning handsome." It was his turn to giggle, softly, brushing away the few hairs from her face, wanting to get a perfect view of her. "Nice sleep?"

"Best I've had in ages. You?" Both of their voices were extremely soft, delicate even. Truth was, he really did have the best sleep he had had in ages. There's something about sleeping with the person you love, sending you into a sleep that could last a lifetime.

"Same as you, best I've had in ages. What's the time anyway?" He sat up, his blondish hair falling in front of his face, not even sorry. Dianne had noticed this, and thought it was adorable.

"Half six. What time does Em wake up?" She sat up too, reaching down to grab her top that she had disposed of during the night but instead grabbed one that was on the pile of Joe's folded tops, the ones he hadn't put away yet. She slipped it on, Joe didn't know what to think when he glanced at her, seeing her smile innocently but also a blush on her cheeks.

Part of him was all warm and fuzzy inside, seeing her in his clothes. They suited her, at least that's what Joe thought. The other part of him had realised that his wardrobe was no longer sacred.

"You look adorable in my clothes." Joe chuckled, seeing her in them. Dianne grinned, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Glad you think so, you may be seeing this more often." Joe scowled at her muschievious comment, placing a hand over her back.

"Does this mean you will be raiding my wardrobe then?"

"This does mean I will be raiding your wardrobe."

"Damn." She laughed, kissing his bare shoulder quickly before resting her head back where it was, grinning to herself.

"Yeah, But you love it though." He rolled his eyes, there was no point in denying it. He sighed lightly, nodding.

"I do, almost as much as I love you." She chuckled softly, lifting her head to put her lips to his, affection being given and taken in an endless cycle of love before they pulled away.

"You're so adorable in the morning, I mean you're soft anyway but still." Joe went a little red. He had been called many things, but soft wasn't one of them. She pecked his lips quickly before flopping backwards.

"And she normally wakes up at seven." Joe nodded, flopping back also. He held an arm out, Dianne rolling into him and resting her head on where his shoulder and chest met.