Are you okay, Father?

Gabriel and Nathalie went straight to Adrien's room to wait for him. None of them said a word until the kid was taken to the room.

He was still asleep. He seemed completely peaceful. Nathalie thanked God that her beloved child was fine.

A few hours later Adrien woke up. He looked around his room and found Nathalie with her head on his father's shoulder and his father's head resting peacefully on hers. Adrien was truly amazed by this act of affection from both. Deep down, he felt sorry for worrying his two-favorite people in the world.

-If I would have known I'd have both of you together by getting operated, I would have done it before – said the kid, waking up both adults.

-Adrien, how are you feeling? – asked Nathalie standing up to kiss his forehead.

-I am feeling, soooo good. I think it's the pain killers – he answered.

Gabriel stood up and walked towards his bed.

-I am so glad to see you, Adrien, I told you this was going to end soon.

-I am so happy to see you here father, I thought you were going to go to work and leave.

-No, I would never do that.

Adrien hesitated. -Can we have dinner together? When we get home? – he asked his father.

Both adults were confused by the kid's questions.

-Well, of course, we can Son - answered Gabriel. -Now rest.

It was almost 10 a.m. already. Nathalie and Gabriel didn't leave Adrien for a second. They both asked for room service breakfast so they could accompany Adrien's.

-Sir, can I go home to take a shower? – asked Nathalie suddenly.

-Of course, Nat, could you bring me some stuff I need?

-Sure – she answered. -Will you be okay, Adrien?

-Of course, I will stay with father.

Was Adrien imagining or did his father called his assistant Nat?

Once in the mansion, Nathalie hurried to the shower. She wanted to go back to the hospital as fast as she could.

But there was a constant thought on her mind. Was she really going to kiss Gabriel Agreste yesterday? She was sure it was just the heat of the moment, she had to be more careful, she needed to hide her feelings better. Her behavior had been unacceptable. She even convinced herself that it was the stress of the moment that led to that proximity. That it didn't mean anything.

A few miles away, Gabriel was sitting on the sofa next to his son's bed. Adrien was asleep, so he had some time for himself. Still, no matter what he did, Nathalie was a constant in his mind. Her pretty face covered in tears. The need he felt to make her stop crying. He was tired of all this wave of feelings, of empathy, so he reached his hand to his neck where the butterfly miraculous was. Or he thought it was.

Gabriel panicked when he didn't feel it on his chest. He remembered they left the house in a hurry, so he didn't have any time to grab the brooch. But if these feelings weren't caused by the miraculous, then why was he feeling all of this? He analyzed the events of the past hours. He analyzed every detail. He remembered the feeling he had when he kissed Adrien, he remembered the feeling he felt with Nathalie in his arms. It made him feel complete.

But this couldn't be... Emilie. She was his reason to live, she was her reason to wake up every day. She was his reason... wasn't she?

But then again, a pair of blue eyes appeared on his mind, wiping away Emilie's green eyes.

Gabriel felt like a heatwave boiling on his chest, he needed to get some air. He walked towards the window, he stared at the garden outside. What is going on? He closed his eyes.

"SHE IS MY MOTHER!" yelled Adrien in Gabriel's mind. The figure of Nathalie kissing his son's forehead.

"I love him, Gabriel. So much" Nathalie's words haunting him.

He saw Emilie on a very old memory, holding baby Adrien on her arms. He leaned in to kiss her soft lips. But when he looked at the woman he just kissed; a pair of blue eyes stared back at him.

-Are you okay, Father? – asked Adrien bringing Gabriel back to reality.

Gabriel turned around and faced his son.

-Are you okay, Father? Were you crying?

-What? – Gabriel realized he had dropped some tears during this trance. -No, I yawned – by this point, Gabriel was a very good liar.

-When will Nat come back? – he was careful enough to use his father's nickname for her.

-She must be back very soon.

-Father, I am sorry.

-What for?

-Yelling at you. I mean you are right, she...

-She is your mother, she loves you so much, and she would do anything for you.

-And for you – assured Adrien.

-What is it with that sudden interest in Nathalie and me?

-Well, you are my father, and she is my mother, and normally that leads to...

3 knocks on the door. Nathalie opened the door and came in.

-I am back.

Gabriel was suddenly happy for this intrusion. His son's words were becoming dangerous.