Congratulations

Nathalie Sancoeur, Gabriel Agreste's personal assistant, was standing in the office both shared, staring out the window. So many things had changed in this past few months. It started with Adrien's sickness and then it all spiraled into a crazy frenzy, one she was loving, one that was heading into an ending she would have never imagined.

How was she going to tell Gabriel?

-A penny for your thoughts – said her boss, sliding his hands around her waist.

-Just a penny? – she laughed.

He joined her and softly kissed her cheek. She turned around to kiss him.

-Do you have any idea of how much I love you? – she asked.

-You know what? I don't, why don't you show it to me – he teased.

Nathalie smiled and softly began kissing his neck while caressing his manhood in her hands.

-Fuck, Nat!

-Sure you still don't know? – she whispered in his ear.

-Maybe... a bit ... - groaned Gabriel, immediately feeling his arousal.

-Fuck me – she moaned.

Gabriel didn't need a second order, next thing he knew he was taking Nathalie over her desk.

That happened from time to time, and Gabriel had to admit he absolutely loved the way Nathalie shivered and melted in his arms. He spent many nights wondering what the touch of her skin and her lips would feel like, and now he could try them, whenever he wanted. Maybe deep down he always knew about the love Nathalie professed for him, but he decided to ignore it; maybe he always loved her back. But now, there was no way to ignore the love both of them had for each other.

-Father? – asked Adrien one afternoon.

-Adrien, come in – he answered.

-Listen I wanted to talk to you.

-I will go get some coffee – said Nathalie.

-You can stay – answered Adrien.

-No, talk to your father, honey – she said smiling.

Nathalie exited the office; truth is she wanted Adrien and Gabriel to become closer.

-So... father... - mumbled Adrien.

Gabriel decided to stay silent, he understood Adrien needed to open up at his own pace.

-Listen, there is this... there are these girls... I... maybe this is silly – he turned around and walked to the door.

-Adrien – said Gabriel, making his son stop and turn around to face him. -It is not silly, come.

Gabriel walked Adrien to the living room, he decided they needed a comfortable place to talk, truth is he was very interested in his son and his feelings.

-So... there are these girls – continued Gabriel once they were sitting down.

-Yeah... thing is... How should I know which is the right one? – asked the kid.

-You won't – answered his father. -You will never know until you try. You need to get to know them, have dates, see which one makes you happier and comfortable.

-So, it is okay if I go out with 2 or 3 at a time?

-Not exactly what I meant but yes, Son. And sometimes some people will be right for you but not in the moment you seek for it.

-I don't understand.

-Yes, you see I met Nathalie many years ago, yet it wasn't our time to be together until now – said Gabriel.

-Oh, I see. So, you are saying that maybe one of them is my endgame but not just yet?

-Exactly. So, don't be scared to try, get to know them.

-Father, I would have never imagined – replied the kid in a surprised voice.

-And may I know who these lucky girls are?

-You will never approve – said Adrien looking down.

-It's not my call to judge, Son.

Silence.

-What? – asked Gabriel.

-Who are you and what have you done to my father?

Gabriel burst into laughter.

-It's me – he answered -I just, am more open minded now.

-Bless Nathalie – teased the kid. -One of them is Kagami.

-Kagami Tsurugi.

-Yes, you know she practices fencing and she is very smart. She's very pretty and kind. But...

-But?

-I don't know, father. There is something missing, you know?

-I understand. And this second person...

-Marinette.

-Marinette – repeated Gabriel. -Gives you that?

Adrien thought about it for a while.

-Yes. I don't know what it is, but I feel it in her. Only, right now she's dating someone else, I think. Ugh it's so complicated, father.

-Remember what I said, Adrien. About the right person in the wrong moment. Don't rush it.

-Yes, you're right – answered the kid – you are so right, father. Thank you!

Gabriel was surprised by the hug his son had just given him, but still, he placed his arms around him and held him tight.

-You can always talk to me, okay?

-Okay, father- said Adrien before standing up and walk to his room.

-That went well – said Nathalie taking the space that belonged to Adrien.

Gabriel nodded.

-What? There is something on your mind, tell me.

-Marinette...

-Marinette Dupain-Cheng, yes – she answered.

-Do you really think she's the one?

-Gabriel, they're 14, who knows. Maybe, maybe not. Wait, you're not saying this only because she's the daughter of the bak...

-No – yelled Gabriel -Absolutely not. I only want Adrien... to... be happy.

Nathalie smiled and threw her arms around his neck.

-Congratulations, my love – she whispered.

-What for?

-Finally understanding what parenthood is about.