Where is Chat Noir?

It took Nathalie a while to convince Gabriel to strike as Hawkmoth again. It seemed like he was focusing all of his attention to Adrien, and to her, in a certain way. She felt flattered by his actions, but she knew they were distracting him from what he really wanted.

And she was going to give it back to him.

-!Nathalie! Where is Chat Noir? – asked Gabriel furious.

-I have no idea, Sir. It's the second time in a row he leaves Ladybug on her own.

"C'mon kitty, show up" thought Marinette as she tried to reach Chat Noirs stick-cellphone.

-Plagg, I should be there, helping her – said Adrien walking around his room frenetically.

-No, kid, you should be resting. It's been a week since you got operated.

- ¡AGH! This is so frustrating – said Adrien, sitting on his bed. -What if Hawkmoth captures her? What if something happens to her?

-She is fine, Adrien. She has managed on her own before. C'mon, let's go get some camembert for this kwami in starvation.

-You are so dramatic, Plagg.

Gabriel sat on his usual armchair on the living room. Nathalie sat next to him.

-Is everything okay? -she asked.

It took Gabriel a while to answer, but he finally did.

-I just don't understand. Why hasn't Cat Noir showed up? I need his miraculous too, without his ring, having Ladybug's miraculous is useless.

-I understand, Sir. But we will succeed. He will show up eventually. He's not leaving her behind.

-I am not so sure anymore.

Nathalie froze. -About what?

-Anything. I don't understand anything.

Gabriel didn't understand his plan anymore, he didn't understand his feelings for Nathalie. He didn't understand anything. He closed his eyes and sighed.

-Sir, I will always do whatever it takes to make you happy. I promise – said Nathalie.

-You do enough Nathalie.

Gabriel's words meant a lot more than Nathalie realized. His words meant she already made him happy. She was just so focused on achieving this mission she didn't see past beyond words.

Gabriel, Nathalie and Adrien had dinner together.

-How are you feeling, Son?

-Much better, father. Thank you. – Answered the kid – Nat, can you please handle me the potatoes?

-Sure, here – she extended a dish full of mashed potatoes.

-I absolutely love these family dinners. – confessed Adrien. -We should totally have done this before, right?

-Mhh-hmm – agreed Nathalie.

Gabriel only nodded and continue with his dinner.

Adrien immediately realized how uncomfortable Nathalie and Gabriel felt towards each other, but why? It was clear they both had feelings for one another, what happened? He couldn't clearly understand why.