Yes, I can

Para Jezebel, Mimi, Nekito y las niñas del grupo. <3

The garden was beautifully decorated in dim lights and flowers, Gold Rose was the predominant color. There was a central table decorated with roses and an enlightened "N&G" hanging in the back. A few other tables scattered around the garden, each with flowers and candles. There were waiters serving cocktails and canapes, soft music playing in the background. All of Adrien's friends, along with some of Nathalie's and Gabriel's friends were there.

Gabriel's hands were shaky. What if she didn't like the surprise? What if she hated it?

Nathalie had gone out with Penny to celebrate her birthday. Penny was well aware of the plan Gabriel and Adrien had prepared, and was supposed to bring Nathalie back at 08:00 p.m.

Gabriel kept walking in circles around the garden, every now and then looking at the clock, lost in his thoughts.

-Father?

-Yes? - he answered.

-Calm down, everything will be alright.

-It's 07:55, what if something happened to them? What if she says no?

-Father - repeated the kid holding his father and turning him around to face him. -She will love it. She loves you and I know she will be delighted to be your wife...

Before he could finish the sentence, they both heard an engine entering the front gate.

-SILENCE EVERYONE SHE'S HERE! - yelled Adrien turning off the lights and pausing the music.

After some minutes the door of the garden opened.

-Come with me, I want to smoke a cigarette - said Penny.

-SURPRISE!!!! - yelled everyone throwing rose petals at Nathalie, right the moment she crossed the frame.

Adrien turned the lights on as well as the music.

-Wh...? - she started looking around at everyone.

-Happy Birthday, Nat! - smiled Penny.

-You knew? - asked Nathalie.

-Of course, I did, silly.

Nathalie was shocked.

-Congratulations, mom - yelled Adrien as he hugged the woman.

-Thank you, thank you so much.

Nathalie took her time to thank and hug everyone. Except for one person that stood in silence in the back of the garden in front of the main table.

Gabriel.

Nathalie slowly walked towards him.

-Did you plan all of this? - she asked.

-Adrien and that girl, Marinette, did - he answered - Do you like it?

-Are you kidding me? I love it - she said throwing her arms around his neck.

He smiled and picked her up from the floor and spun her around.

-I am so glad - he whispered at her ear. -Come with me, I want to give you your gift.

-Champagne? - asked a waiter offering them two glasses.

-Thank you - answered Gabriel taking his.

-Umm... can I please have a glass of sparkling water?

-Yes, ma'am - replied the waiter walking away.

-What is it, Nat? You love champagne - demanded Gabriel.

-I just... I just don't feel like drinking tonight - she lied -So, my gift?

Gabriel examined her for a minute.

-Come with me - he said, pulling Nathalie close to the fountain.

It was beautifully decorated with candles and petals.

-Gabriel, I need to tell you something...

-Nathalie...

-I am sorry, go ahead - she said.

-Are you sure?

-Yes, please - she smiled.

-Nathalie... - Gabriel sighed - ... In these past few months, I came to realize how much you mean to me. I came to understand the meaning of selfless love. You became my best friend, my accomplice, my lover, my entire universe. You are the only reason I could move on from my dark hole, the reason my son and I are close again. You taught me so much about life, parenthood... love. I... I just... I don't want to live without you another day. Na-Nathalie Sancoeur will you do me the honor of being my wife?

Gabriel opened the little box containing a beautiful ring and kneeled before her.

This was surreal. Was this really happening? Nathalie's heart was racing like never before. So much she felt dizzy, so much she...

When Nathalie opened her eyes, she was being carried inside by Gabriel.

-Gabriel...

-Nathalie! You vanished out of nowhere - he stopped in the frame of the door.

-Put me down - she demanded.

-You need a doctor, Nat, please.

-Put me down, NOW! - she yelled.

Gabriel did as she said.

-I am fine - she smiled.

-Nathalie, you fainted, you need to be checked up by a doctor, you...

-I am fine, there is nothing wrong with me - she insisted.

Everybody was staring at them; worry could be seen in their faces.

-I AM FINE - yelled Nathalie to everyone.

-Mom, dad is right. You should go to...

-NO! - said Nathalie.

-Nathalie, you can't vanish just because... - started Penny.

-Yes, I can... - she said.

She felt her face burning up, everybody stared at her, everybody seemed so worried. Especially Gabriel. It was time.

She took Gabriel's face in her hands and pulled him closer. -Yes, I can.

He only stared at her, fear in his eyes.

-I am pregnant - she whispered.

-What? - Gabriel's eyes opened up in surprise.

-I am pregnant - she repeated smiling. -I can't drink alcohol, I vomit all the time and I faint. I am pregnant.

-Are you sure? - he asked.

-Yes, dumbass - she laughed.

-Oh... my... -started Gabriel.

-I am pregnant! - she announced to everyone.

There was a deep silence and then people began clapping and awwing.

Adrien ran up to his parents and hugged them both.

-I can't believe I am going to be a big brother, thank you guys - said the kid.

-Nathalie... - said Gabriel.

-Yes? - she raised her eyes at him.

-Nothing - he smiled and kissed her passionately, starting a new round of claps and awws.

-Oh, wait - said Nathalie pulling away a bit.

-What? - asked Gabriel.

-I do want to marry you - she smiled.

Gabriel smiled back at her and pulled her in for another kiss.