Chapter 1 | Target acquired

The first day at a new place is always the hardest, first day of high school is a whole other kind of madness. You have been accepted at the hero academy U.A. High School by recommendation from an unknown pro hero. The transfer came at an opportune moment since you have some unfinished business in Japan. Right now though you just want to focus on becoming the best hero you can possibly be!

You arrived in Musutafu last night where All Might and Eraser Head were there to welcome you. After picking you up at the airport they showed you where you would be staying for the duration of your studies. Newly erected dorm on the school premises was your new base.

They had accommodated you with basic furniture and told you to use any facilities you needed in the building. The fridge and pantry was stocked, leaving you needed for nothing but company. Being the first to move in you had the whole place to yourself for now. You spend the night unpacking and trying to distract yourself so as not to think of the first school day. Even though you're arriving only a day late it means you're officially labeled "The new girl".

U.A.'s main entrance towers before you. The massive glass building with four corner towers has put out some of the greatest heroes the world has ever seen. Now it was your turn. Taking the first steps into a new chapter in your life is daunting, and you can already feel the responsibility weighing on your shoulders. The path is filled with students, and somehow you feel even more alone than at the dorm. You have no clue where to go. With only an acceptance letter in hand and your bag over the shoulder you step through the intimidating entrance.

Entering the building doesn't make matters better. Even more people crowd the halls with their own lives on their mind. Looking around trying to find any clues to where you should be going. You mutter to yourself "They should have issued the invitation with a map".

You feel a small tap on my shoulder and turn to face a dark haired girl in a school uniform. She is twirling with what looks like an audio jack dangling from her earlobe. "You look a little lost" she says with neutral expression. "Do you need help?".

Surprised by this random act of kindness you get a bit flustered. "That would be great" you state with a small smile.

"I'm Kyoka Jiro, pleased to meet you" she gives you a small bow. "Which class are you attending?". She is giving off vibes of being a normally quiet person but you guess the hero in her reacted to you obvious signs of being lost.

You rub your neck to relieve some of the stress you've been feeling as you answer her question. "Just transferred here, my documents states.." You look down on your admittance letter. "Class a-1".

Her features perk up at that notion. "Perfect that's my class, we can walk together." She gives you a small smile and turns to show you the way..

The two of you set out at a slow pace. You try to take in as much of the layout of the building as you can so you'll remember the way tomorrow. The school is huge and you have a hard time finding landmarks which can guide you. Everything looks so similar.

Jiro is the first to break the silence. "So where did you transfer from?"

"Well I got into the Hero Academy of Scandinavia, but got a letter from U.A. that they wanted me." You didn't really feel like getting into too much detail on the real reason why you choose U.A. over the academy. "U.A. being the high school for heroes seemed like the better choice". You state in a matter of fact tone.

Jiro nodded and pointed up at a sign next to a door on your left. "This is us. A-1". She says as she pushes the door open. "I'm sure you'll fit right in" and then the noise hit you like a wall.

It only takes you 3 seconds to scan the classroom. Conversations are running across the local and everyone seems comfortable. Well almost everyone. An eager green haired boy in the back who looks way to enthusiastic is getting stink eyed by an ashen-blond boy in front. Behind the blond guy is the only free spot in the room. "Thanks for the help" you say to Jiro as you make your way over to the empty seat.