prologue

"Sorry, son but you're quirkless." an extremely shocked young kid with messy, mossy green hair and bright green tips, dropped the all might toy in his grasp.

"I knew there was something was wrong when all the other kids showed signs of quirks already, but not something like this." the boys mother addressed the doctor that had a wihte lab coat and big, round goggles on.

"Yes, yes I know this must be a sock miss Midoria but Izuku has an extra joint in his pinky toe, unlike 80% of the population today" he bluntly stated his friendly demeanor from earlier gone once he found out the boy was quirkless.

"Izuku.." Inko used her qurik to pull up the all might figurine " I think it best we go home..."

Without another word, they left.

-

Izuku, still in withdrawal from the news, sat white as a ghost all alone till Katsumi came over "What's the dead fish look for?"

"I'm ...."

"Huh????"

Izuku looked like he was about to cry " I'm quirkless Kacchan!!" and the flood gates opened. In the next couple of days news got around that he was quirkless, what seemed to sting was how Kacchan changed toward him. She no longer allowed him to hang out with her group and started acting mean to him. It cut him deeper when she said "Stop trying to follow us! You're too weak to do anything we do, let alone be a future hero!" That broke him.

(later that night)

Izuku was watching his favorite video, disaster footage from before his time but was the debut of the #1 hero, All Might. Izuku was crying, in a span of a few days his whole life changed for the worst, he shakingly turned toward his mom who was about to leave the room, and asked, looking for a shard of hope "Can I be a hero too?"

She came running toward him and pulled him into a tight hug "I don't know, I don't know Izuku!" crying now too.