Chapter Eight

I was so focused on the fact Kimyo had a wife I didn't even notice what was in front of me until I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen.

OH SHIT! HIROKO!

I gazed in front of me with wide eyes as I saw the man who had stabbed me.

"Akira?!"

I flicked my gaze over to Juno's surprised look as I coughed. I could definitely taste something metallic.

I watched the man with blond hair glare at me before he pushed his blade-which with a glance I discovered was actually his arm-further into me. I grabbed onto where I could which ended up being the man's jacket

FUCK!

"I'm so sorry... They have my wife and my daughter..."
My eyes widened and I felt something warm dribble past my lips. Who... what?

My body was slowly going numb but in the distance behind this man, Akira, that Juno somehow knew in the past, I could see my papa running out of our door and towards us, capture weapon already being released.

If I could've screamed, I would've. I honestly would given the pain I felt when the blade was yanked roughly out of my body when Akira flew backward thanks to my Papa.

I could only make outlines as I fell. I didn't even notice Uncle Hizashi behind Papa. All I saw was Papa hovering over me and I could tell he was saying my name but I couldn't hear anything.

Am... Am I going to die?
STUPID BRAT OF-OF COURSE NOT.

Kimyo... That's... I'm sorry for your life to end here too... Maybe if I just-

DON'T YOU DARE!

Kimyo, don't worry. I'll help.

My gaze went black soon after I heard the soft voice of someone ringing inside my head.

--------------------------

My eyes fluttered open and I took in the scenery of how I was surrounded by blue skies and gr{INSERT U KNOW WHAT HERE}, a creature on either side of me-

Wait... Creature on either side of me...?
"Dear! She's awake!" up at the newer one who looked almost exactly like Kimyo, but with ram horns instead of deer antlers.

"Oh! I'm Sorry, Honey! I should probably introduce myself! I'm Kimyo's wife, Yuna!"

I blinked once. Twice. Still processing.... Excuse me?!
"YOU COULDN'T WAIT TO TELL HER?!"

I watched in amazement as smoke piled everywhere until two human versions of the creatures were standing in front of me. Kimyo having black hair and wearing old western-style clothing and Yuna having purple hair wearing a slim black dress.

"Nope! Sorry, Dear! It won't happen again, I promise..."
I wrinkled my nose slightly as I watched the two kiss, Kimyo sighing after, "You're very lucky I love you, Yuna..."

"I know~ But it's more like you're lucky that I love you..."
I giggled silently at the exchange, making the two turn to me.

Yuna snapped her fingers, "That reminds me! Hiroko!"

I leaned back when she got in my face and grabbed my hands, "Do you mind if I join you?"
Join... me?
"Ah! It'd be like what Kimyo did! I'd take over a piece of your body! It wouldn't hurt! Honest!"

I nodded, not thinking this over.

"Thank you so much...!"
I felt a warmth settle on my left rib as Kimyo groaned.

I hope to get to know you better soon!

-------------------------------------

When I actually, for real, came to in the real world, I choked on the breathing tube down my throat. I immediately tore it out.

Ew!! Why'd you have to do that?!

Would you have rather me choke?!
Stop fighting you two!

I paused.

Good morning, Hiroko~
Good... Good morning, Yuna...

My eyes snapped over to the door when I heard it open and an absentminded nurse walk in.

I watched with tired eyes as she gasped, threw down the clipboard she was reading and ran down the hall shouting for the doctor and saying I was awake.

Someone's excited...

I bet it's because her father has been hounding about her... or that cute boy I saw through her memories haha!

I flushed red and hid my face in my hands just before I heard someone barge in the door

"-Sir! Please! At least let us examine he-!"
That was that nurse, right?
Yep!

I flinched as I felt arms wrap around me until I saw the long black hair of papa and the smell of coffee and lavender invaded my nose. I started tearing up as I wrapped my Papa into a hug.

I'd almost died that day... however long ago that was...

I wouldn't have been able to see papa anymore... Worst of all I almost dragged Kimyo down with me-

Brat shut up

KIMYO DO NOT CALL THE SWEET BEAN A BRAT!

SHUT UP YUNA!!! I CAN CALL HER WHATEVER I WANT

WHAT'D YOU JUST SAY TO ME, KIMYO DEAR?!

I zoned them out.

"Hiroko..." My papa whispered, "I'm sorry I wasn't there in time... I'm sorry..."
I hugged papa harder than I already was to show him it was okay.

Aww... Kimyo... I want one!

Huh?!
A kid~

I could faintly hear Kimyo's shocked sound but I was mostly concentrated on making papa feel better about what happened.

Yuna, just treat the brat as one. She might as well be our kid at this rate.

Yay!!

Excuse me?

Sorry brat. Just sorta slipped out...

I released my hold on my papa as he pulled away. I didn't say anything about how red his eyes were or how messy his hair was (more than usual that is).

"Some of your..." I watched as papa glowered for a good second, "Friends are here. Thanks so much for telling me that they're boys."
I scratched my head nervously before signing, "To be fair though, one of them is gay..."

Welp-

Papa stared at me, "Which one is it?"

I smiled, "secret~ Sorry papa!"

"I see... I'll let the one here currently in..."

------------------------------

:)

-Mila/Red
P.S. you should go follow  _MSquared_  here on Wattpad...