0.3

' It is both a blessing and a curse to feel everything so deeply '

Addies's pov

"Addie! wait up" Calum called across the cafeteria. Unluckily he shouted it making people at the nearest table; Ashton's table; turn to look at me.
Including Ashton. I made eye contact with him for a second before I looked away quickly, I could feel my cheeks heating once again and prayed he wasn't still looking.

"What Calum?" I snapped but kept my tone as a whisper so no onlookers could here.

"I just told you to wait so I could walk to class with you he said in defence.

"Yeah well thanks for shouting it so the whole cafeteria looked at me." I mumbled as we walked out into the hall way in tow.

"Sorry. But hey! you should be thanking me!" he exclaimed.

"Why?"

"Because Ashton looked at you! he noticed you"

"We made eye contact for 4 seconds max" I chuckled "that's hardly noticing me"

"No no. you've got it all wrong, he was Looking at you for more than 10 seconds, his eyes followed you out of the cafeteria and he did that little smile guys do when they admire something."

"You're just trying to make me feel better Cal after what Luke said, thanks for trying though" I smiled at him appreciatively.

I nearly missed the shake of his head in amusement.

"What?"

"Addie. You're so stubborn babe."

"Shut up" I said punching his shoulder playfully.

"Believe what you want but at the end of the day I'm right like always" he winked before opening the door to his maths class and leaving me in the hallway.

Ugh. Was Ashton really looking at me? I doubt it, I would love to believe it but seriously, it's me. Why would anybody look at me?

I was kind of plain, nothing to unusual, except maybe my pale pink hair. Michael dared me in a game to do it so I did but I liked it so stuck with it.
My outfit was pretty normal today. skinny black jeans and a white sweater top. Simple but nice. So yeah, I was kinda boring. My eyes were a dull brown, that were nothing special. I wasn't special.

I sighed happily at the thought of Ashton actually noticing me, I mean we did make eye contact, that almost counts for a conversation right.
Oh god. how pathetic do I sound.

"Why are you so happy?" Luke grumbled as I took my seat next to him in English.

"For once can you stop ruining my mood" i huffed. "just because you're angry at the world don't take it out on me"

That shut him up and he didn't speak a word to me for the whole lesson. He sat there with his arms folded and leaning back in his seat with his jaw clenched and his eyes burning into the table, he made no attempt to pick up his pencil and do any work or make notes.

"You going to that party on Friday?" Luke suddenly asked out of the blue.

"I don't know what party you mean but no" i said and I could tell he already knew the answer. a since when did I go to parties.

He laughed at me spitefully and mockingly. "of course not. why'd I even ask? you're Addison brown, why would you want to associate yourself with people outside of school" he scoffed
"Can't you just live a little and maybe go out and have fun, you know a thing called getting a life that normal teenagers do."