0.8

"No one confuses me as much as you, but no one understands as much as you do."

"SNOWBALL FIGHT" Michael screamed running through the living room where we were all previously watching tv.

He had his coat and scarf and bobbly hat on, his wellies leaving a trail of mud which I would make him clear up later.

Everyone leaped up from the couch running to hurriedly pull on their coats including me but obviously the boys being as competitive as they are barged past me knocking me out of the way.

"You okay Addie?" Ashton asked me helping me up from where Calum had managed to push me over.

"Yeah I'm good" I said dusting myself off and following the guys outside into the bright white snow.

Luke hadn't spoken to anyone all day as far as I'm aware, he had been avoiding me completely which confused me to the extreme. His words from yesterday still confused me.

Last night was awkward as hell having to share a bed with him and Calum. Both Calum and Luke had made me go in the middle between them as they didn't want it to look like they were sleeping with each other or some stupid excuse I didn't bother listening to. It was quite funny as Calum took up most of the bed managing to lay half on top of me through the whole night, and Luke had tired to stay as far away as possible nearly hanging off his side of the bed.

I had literally only just made it out of the door when I was hit on the side of the head with a freezing cold s own all that shattered into hundreds of small pieces of snow.

I turned to glare at Calum before stepping out of the doorway. The snow crunched underneath my feet and I bent down to gather some snow into my glove covered hands squeezing it together and shaping it into a nearly perfect ball.

I scanned the boys who were to engrossed in throwing them at each other and looked for my first victim.

My eyes trained on Ashton who had his back to me. I slowly creeped up on him until I was right behind him and slammed the snowball on the top of his head taking him by surprise. But I under estimated him as the next thing I knew I was tackled to the ground and landed in the snow which froze my whole body.

"Ashton" I screeched

"Hey! You were the one who started it" he chuckled.

"But now I'll freeze to death!" I whined my teeth starting to chatter together.

"Aw bubs, I won't let you freeze" Ashton said helping me up off the ground and putting an arm round me pulling me close to his side in an attempt to keep me warm.

We were interrupted as Ashton was hit right in the forehead by a snowball. looking around we saw everyone laughing hard at the look on Ashton's face, it was a mixture of stunned and confusion.

"Who did that?" He demanded storming away from me and picking up a handful of snow.

Calum was in fits of laughter so Ashton assumed it was him but Calum kept denying it through his tears of laughter. I knew who it was. I glanced at Luke seeing him smirking to himself before he caught my eye. I raised my eyebrows at him only to have him walk over towards me. He brushed past me, his hand skimming the small of my back as he leaned in so his mouth was near my ear, it was all done so quickly, my breath hitches at his close proximity.

"You'll thank me later" he whispered his breath hitting the bare skin of my neck as he spoke creating goosebumps to spread across my skin. He left straight after that walking over to the others who were all engrossed in throwing snow at each other.

What the hell was that about. why was he acting so weird, this is Luke, he never talks to me or voluntarily comes that close. Let alone he never leaves tingling sensations on my skin after speaking to me.

Oh well. He's still a twat. He always will be. But I still couldn't figure out what he meant yesterday by 'nothing's ever okay' part of me wanted to know, but part of me didn't.

After our everlasting snowball fight we all took it in turns to shower to become warmer and Michael and Luke were trying to start a fire in the wood burner in the main wall of the living room. they were getting nowhere so I offered to help.

"How do you expect the fire to work without paper?"I laughed before scrunching up balls if newspaper and placing them in between logs and wood. "Pass the matches" I asked but Luke refused saying he could do before lighting a single match but managing to burn his finger.

"Crap" Luke jumped blowing out the match and clutching his finger. I sighed before telling Michael to set fire to the newspaper as I told Luke to go into the kitchen and run his finger under the cold water tap.

Once Michael had lit the fire I walked to see how Luke was doing.

"Is your finger okay?" I asked before taking it out from under the water to inspect it.

"Yeah I think so" he said pulling his hand back.

"Let me put a bandage or something on it so it doesn't get caught or anything" i said but he refused about to walk away.

"Luke" I warned

"Fine" he huffed throwing his body moodily into the chair in the kitchen as I searched through the draws and cupboards for a first aid kit.

I smiled instantly in happiness as I found it pulling out a small bandage and a tub of alovera. Luke handed me his finger and I slowly rubbed the alovera on with him wincing every second.

I was half way tying the bandage on when I asked him a question.

"Luke..."

"Addie..."

"W-what did you mean yesterday? That uh ... That nothing's okay?" I asked timidly.

"Oh, I didn't mean it, it just came out" he said and I could tell he was lying or wanting to talk about something else... or not talk at all.

"Luke... You can tell me..."

"Addie please leave it... Leave me alone" he said walking away.

I sighed knowing it was no use, Luke would never tell anyone let alone me.

We all decided to head to bed after we watched a few films on the TV.
Calum was the first to fall asleep and all I could hear was his loud snores so I turned over so I was facing away from him.

I was met with Luke's face, his eyes were open indicating he was awake.

"Hey" I whispered as his eyes met mine.

"Hey" he whispered back "can't sleep?"

"No... You?"

"No... about earlier...." he said and hesitated "I didn't mean that nothing's okay, everything's okay you don't need to worry about me Addie"

"I can tell when someone's not okay Luke, I'm not stupid."

"I never said you were" he sighed turning away from me and facing the other side.

I assumed he had fallen asleep and found myself still awake hours later. I sighed out loud into the room filled with the two boys breathing. I flinched as something cold touched my leg, I think it was Luke's foot but didn't want to check, he was asleep so he wouldn't have realised what he was doing.

Suddenly he flipped around in the bed his arm wrapping round my waist and pulling me tightly to him, his leg intwining between mine as I tried to pull away out of his tight grip but it was no use.

"Luke" I whispered hoping he would wake up. "Luke " I tried again.

F.uck.

A/n: haven't edited it yet but I'll get round to it, vote/comment hoping to get to 80 on this chapter cx

This chapter is dedicated to the lovely ITheIdiot bc shes awesome c