0.5

'You'll never know the last time you'll see a place or a person '

"That sounds lovely dear" my mother started rambling on as I told her about our plans for winter break.

"That's a great idea, that means you won't be here by yourself over christmas" my step dad said.

They always went to my Grandad and grandma's house for Christmas. They couldn't take me with them as they couldn't afford another plane ticket to the other side of the world.
But I didn't mind too much, I normally stayed at home most days of the Christmas holiday, I preferred being by myself.

It's not like I was alone on Christmas Day or anything I always went to my dads so everything worked out well.

"Are you excited?" My mother asked while making sure she had all her things packed for work.

"I guess" I sighed while scooping soggy cereal tiredly into my mouth still half asleep.

"You don't sound so sure" my step dad said.

"It's just- it's going to be cold and I'm stuck with four boys for days" I said. I wasn't worried about them just the Luke factor but they didn't need to know that.

"Take lots of blankets and jumpers" my step dad said shrugging

"You've been around these boys for the past year, you've never complained about them before, so I don't see your problem" my mother said

"True" I sighed.

"Anyway, we'll see you tonight, will you be at one of the boys houses?" My mother asked

"Not sure, I'll text you" I mumbled

"Okay bye love" she said kissing my cheek and walking out of the door my step dad following her after ruffling my hair.

I sighed to myself knowing I had 5 minutes max before Michael got here to give me a ride to school.

There was a knock at the door and I knew it was him. I hadn't even brushed my teeth. I quickly ran to the bathroom grabbing my toothbrush as he knocked again getting impatient.

I ran down the hallway sliding in my socks until I reached the door, toothbrush still in hand and my mouth full of toothpaste.

"What a lovely sight first thing in the morning adds" Michael laughed as I stuck my middle finger up at him before running back to the bathroom to spit out the toothpaste and rinse my mouth with water.

"You're 5 minutes early. I work to a specific time schedule" I said grabbing my bag before locking the dork and following him to his car.

"Morning" Calum's chirpy voice rang through the car.

"Morning ." I mumbled buckling my seatbelt while avoiding Luke while he dd the same to me.

"So did you ask your parents if you could come?" Calum asked

"Yeah, they said I could" I mumbled

"YAY" Michael squealed "it's going to be so fun" he smiled brightly making me chuckled at how excited he got.

"What about you Luke?" Calum asked.

"Yep, mum said I could as long as we take lots of blankets so we don't freeze" he said laughing slightly.

He was actually in one of his alright moods which brightened my day slightly. maybe he would lay off some of his comments to me today.
I chuckled along with other boys at Liz's protectiveness over her little boy. As soon as he saw i joined in with chuckling along with the others Luke's jaw tightened and he turned away from me to look out of the window.