0.7

'Now you understand why Peter Pan didn't want to grow up'

The log cabin was beautiful. The whole atmosphere and surroundings made it into a cliche romantic setting, it was covered in snow which was still floating from the sky and the trees were crystallised with ice and dusted with more powdery snow.

I took in the sight, making sure to capture an image to store inside my head so I would never forget it.

"I'll carry your stuff for you" Ashton said smiling brightly at me, his eyes gleaming with excitement.

"Thank you" I said giddy, my cheeks flushing bright red but I could probably blame that on the cold.

The rest of the boys had already made there way into the cabin, their footsteps leaving messy prints in the snow making me sad because it ruined the pretty picture.

I followed where their footprints in the snow were so I didn't make more, I cursed silently in my head as they all had longer legs than me so I had to almost jump from each one to the next.

I heard Ashton chuckle behind me and turned around to see him doing the same thing.

"This is so cool!" I heard Calum say in awe "why didn't we think of coming here ages ago!"

"Where's Addie?" Michael asked as I was just reaching the opened front door of the cabin.

"I'm right here." I called

"Ah, right good, well maybe I forgot to mention it but there are only two beds" he said awkwardly.

I looked at the room we were currently in, there was a sofa, a small TV, a small kitchen and table with four chairs surrounding it.

I followed the others into one of the rooms that trailed off from the small living room.

"Okay, this is one of the beds" Michael said gesturing to a double bed in the middle of the room. He then showed us the second room which also consisted of having a double bed.

I inspected the floor seeing the whole of it was decked in floorboards which would probably be very uncomfortable and cold to sleep on.

We all looked at each other not knowing what we would do for sleeping arrangements.

"Well... I think that two people share one bed and three share the other, because it's my aunts cabin I personally think that I should only have to share with one person" Michael said "and because Ashton drove us here he should probably share with me plus he's the oldest so deserves more room"

"Well that's logical" I whispered as it meant I would have to share a bed with Calum, which I didn't mind, but also Luke, which i did mind. Talk about awkward.

"Okay that sounds fair" Calum said " plus Addies small so won't take up too much room, and if it's cold we will be warmer" he said happily.

"Right, good, that wasn't so hard, you guys take this room and me and Ash will take the other" Michael said happily.

"I'm hungry" Luke said speaking up for the first time. "you got any food here?" He asked Michael.

"Shit. um no, I didn't think about that... but there's a store a few miles away we can go to... Ash? Can you drive us or do you want me to drive?" Michael asked as the older boy huffed saying he couldn't be bothered before chucking the keys at him which Michael caught easily.

"Luke you have to come with me" he said as Luke was the one who wanted the food in the first place. I kind of wanted to go to because I was a bit of a fussy eater and half the time I didn't like eating the crap the boys did. They would live of McDonald's and ready meals for a whole week but if I went with them I would make sure they didn't buy to much rubbish.

"I'll come to" I said pulling my gloves on and my wellies which were blue with snowflakes dotted around them. Michael and Luke followed, Michael pulling on his plain green wellies while Luke pulled on his penguin wellies making me chuckle and him to glare at me.

"Cute wellies Luke" I smirked

"Shut up" he groaned but I could see the smile tugging at the corner of his mouth but he wouldn't let it fully show.

We ran to where Ashton's car was parked clambering clumsily into the seats trying to stay as warm as possible and not be exposed the cold air for longer than a few seconds.

"Why is it so freaking cold" I mumbled my teeth chattering together as my limbs were shaking involuntarily.

Luke reached to blast the heater up to its full setting instantly sending a rush of heat into the car.

Michael started the car careful and drove slowly on the icy road to the store. It was a cute little store which had a Christmas display in the window, all the Christmas foods and specials were presented and White Christmas lights were strung along the outline of the window ledge lighting it up and reflecting onto the snow making it glisten. I loved this time of year.

The little bell behind the door gave a high pitched ring as we entered the fairly small store. Shelves were packed full of stock and luckily there was a lot of choice for such a small store. It was cute as well, the whole shop was decked with floorboards which was definitely different from other stores I had been to.

"What do you guys want then?" Michael asked.

"I don't mind as long as it's something nice" I said "luke can pick if he wants, he's the hungry one after all"

"Pizza" he said making me groan. Don't get me wrong - I love pizza but it was such a typical Luke answer and of course Michael would agree. I mean I'm pretty sure when the boys were messing about they wrote a song about freaking pizza.

They were pizza enthusiasts.

"Okay fine pizza it is" I said as I followed them to look for pizza. We took four pizzas from the fridge sectional, Michael insisting we buy crisps, popcorn, lemonade, hot chocolate, marshmallows and grapes as well.

Once we paid for the items we clambered back into the car, the temperature had dropped even lower as the sky was becoming darker by the minute as night time was close by.

"It's going to be freezing tonight" Michael sighed and you could see his breath fog the air up around his face.

I blew a breath of air watching as it spiralled around in front of me, I accidentally let out a giggle and stopped myself quickly when I met eyes with Luke in the car side mirror.

when we reached the log cabin Calum immediately ran out to us grabbing the bags of food and running back inside exclaiming he was so hungry he nearly ate Ashton.

Lovely.

"Uhm Addie..." I heard a small hesitant voice ask. I turned around seeing Luke glancing at me expectantly.

"Yeah?" I asked surprised he was actually talking to me.

He looked at me a second before averting his eyes to the floor and digging one of his penguin wellie covered feet in the snow.

"Sorry" he said quietly so I had to strain my ears to hear him. I was frozen in place, Luke was actually apologising ... to me. Wow.

"It's okay" I said but he had started walking away. Before he opened the front door he turned around to look back at me.

"Not every sorry deserves an okay in return, because I know it's not okay. Nothing's okay" he said before leaving me outside confused and trying to figure out what he meant by that.

A/N: don't even know if this chapter makes sense but eh Luke's a cutie pie but is going to confuse Addie without even meaning to :)) vote// comment feedback and stuff, thanks for reading! I'm going to start dedicating chapters to people bc everyone's comments are so lovely so this chapter is dedicated to @Fivesosgotthatcake @danainthesky thank you for being awesome x