1.0

"It was the moment I realized what music can do to people, how it can make you hurt and feel so good all at once."

"I can't believe we are actually doing this!" I laughed while watching the boys dig up shovels full of snow.

"Well you're not helping, so technically its just us" Michael said .

"This is such a stupid idea though"

The boys decided that to make a fire we would have to clear a patch on the grass of snow. So they were now digging up snow and piling it somewhere else in the garden.

Genius right? Ha no.

"Addieeeeeeee come help!" Michael whined "it's not fair that you aren't doing anything!"

"It's not my idea and I know it probably won't work."

"You wanna bet on that?"

"No, not really" I said laughing

"Helpppp"

"Noooo"

It was about 30 minutes later when they had finished clearing the patch of ground. Michael dumped a load of dry wood onto the floor screwing up pieces of newspaper and trying to light them, it took awhile as we all sat on logs of wood the boys had found earlier.

"I told you Addie! I told you it would work!" Michael exclaimed in triumph.

"Do you want a medal or something?"

"Yes in fact I do" he said holding his hand out and tapping his foot impatiently until he got bored and just sat down next to Luke.

"I brought my guitar" Luke said suddenly and I hadn't realised that he was holding it in his hands. "I can show you the new song I'm working on if you want" he said suddenly becoming shy, his cheeks heating up slightly.

"That would be awesome" Calum said

"Wait let me go get my guitar so I can help out on the chords" Michael said as he had been helping Luke with writing songs.

Michael came running out of the cabin seconds later his acoustic in hand.

"Got it" he smiled

"Great, so you remember the chords and stuff right?" Luke mumbled

"Yep"

"Okay, three, two, one , go" Luke whispered and on cue they both started strumming their guitars.

I loved watching the boys do their thing, they were so talented and all of them could sing really well.

I was taken a back when Luke started to sing, I always forgot how good he was, he always started off shyly but grew more confidence half way through the song and he looked so natural as if he should be doing this all the time.

Michael had now joined Luke on the singing backing him up and harmonising and honestly it made me go weak at the knees.

"Cause I know what'll happen, if we get through this"

I tapped my foot in time with the music not wanting it to end. It was a great song, probably my favourite so far. I had to hand it to Luke he sure could write good songs. Well they all could.

"Cause I feel so damn lost, and it comes with a cost, being alone"

Luke's eyes met mine for a second before he quickly looked away and back to his guitar.

Once they finished they received claps off both me, Calum and Ashton.

"That was amazing!" Calum said "we should do a cover of it when we get back and post it on YouTube and Ashton can try and fit drums into it some where"

"That was really good, I can't believe you wrote that, it was... just wow." I said catching Luke's eye awkwardly as he mumbled a small thanks.

"I'm gonna go get some marshmallows from inside." Michael said offering to take Luke's guitar in with him while he went.

"I'm gonna make hot chocolate who wants one?" Calum asked and everyone said yes so Calum followed Michael inside.

"I'll help you carry them" Ashton said obviously not wanting to stay with me and Luke as he knows that Luke doesn't like him that much.

So that left me and Luke outside by our selves, great.

"That was a really good song Luke" I said breaking the awkward silence.

"Thank you" he said staring at the floor and refusing to look up at me.

"Luke?" I said hesitantly digging my shoe into the muddy ground which had been cleared of snow.

"Hmm?" He replied still staring at the ground.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I asked my voice cracking slightly as I was curious.

"Addie, I don't hate you" he chuckled before smirking.

"Oh, right good" I said, it was nice to know that he didn't actually hate me.

"I dislike you"

Oh. wow. Lovely. Harsh blow right there.

"Oh" I whispered

"Found some!" Michael said happily running to where we were with a bag of marshmallows.
"You okay Addie?" Michael asked stopping his rambling about how cool marshmallows are.

"I'm fine" a little bit broken more like "I'm just fine" I whispered.

I didn't like it when people didn't like me. I'm not saying that everybody likes me or anything like that, but I don't like it when people don't like me for no reason.

I stayed quiet for the rest of the night too deep in thought to join in with the others who were laughing with each other as if they didn't have a care in the world.

How was it fair that some people got to be happy and others didn't?

Was it someones way of punishing people? People who had done nothing wrong, people who had stuck to the right thing to do all their lives and never broken any rules.

It wasn't fair. It made me happy that the boys were happy and watching them being happy could usually brighten my day.

But now I had enough. I couldn't keep feeling this way. Sometimes it felt like I was on top of the world and I was happy and all sunshine and rainbows but the next minutes something would bring me down and I would be all sad and upset all rain and stormy.

I might sound pathetic, just because Luke doesn't like me. But it was something bigger than that, I had been feeling horrible for a few years now, Luke just added to the hundreds of pieces that were pulling me down into the pit of darkness I was already half way down.

A/N: hope this isn't too bad :/ vote/ comment I really really want to get to 1000 votes so if you haven't voted on previous chapter please please go back and vote and I will love you so so so much this chapter is dedicated to everyone who commented in the last chapter ily guys xx

Oh and it would be pretty cool if you followed me bc Im nearly at 1kxx