0.6

' I try my hardest to be good enough, but in the end there's always someone better than me'

Addies pov

It was Christmas break now and the day we were going to the log cabin for a week. I was currently sitting on Calum's bed wrapped up in my winter coat while he was doing his last minute packing.

"Hurry up Cal, Ashton will be here to pick us up soon." i groaned as we had less than 5 minutes. Ashton had offered to drive us all there and none of us refused so took him up on his offer, although Luke was obviously hesitant but unwillingly accepted the offer with a small thanks.

"I don't know what else I need." he said starting to panic.

"Uh, clothes, toothbrush, pants, socks... Blankets I don't know, boy stuff" I listed off on my fingers.

"Oh well, if I've forgotten anything I can borrow something off the other guys-" he said but got cut off by a car horn beeping outside indicating Ashton was here to pick us up.

I suddenly panicked not knowing if I was ready to spend a whole week in the presence of Ashton. He made me nervous because he was so perfect and I really liked him and I didn't want him to get the wrong impression of me.

"Well are you coming or not?" Calum chuckled as I hadn't moved from his bed but he was somehow half way down the hallway without me even noticing.

"Y-yeah" I said taking a deep breath and keeping it together, following after Calum. I was met with Calum's warm smile which instantly made me feel less nervous.

"You'll be fine Addie, Ash will love you like we all do okay? You're a great girl and you have nothing to be worried about okay?" He said reassuring me

"Thanks cal" I smiled as he pulled me into a side hug. Luke didn't love me, he hated me so hopefully ashton wouldn't 'love' me as much as Luke did.

Ashton beeped the car horn again probably getting impatient or freezing to death in his car as it was bloody cold here.

It was forecast to snow and the whole outside world had frozen, a deep mist fogging the air up and making it hard to see further than a meter from where we were standing.

"By mum see you in a week, love you" calum called as his mum rushed out from the kitchen to hug her son goodbye.

"Be safe and stay warm, don't do anything dangerous or stupid, I'm sure Addie here will make sure to keep you all in line" Mrs Hood said while checking that Calum had his coat and gloves etc.

"Bye Mrs Hood" I called as we walked down the front steps to where Ashton rolled his window down calling at us to "hurry the f.uck up" as he was "freezing his tits off"

"Someone's a bit impatient" Calum called back but then he started to run calling shot gun but slipped over a frozen puddle crashing to the floor and causing me and Ashton to burst into a fit of laughter as he groaned on the floor in pain.

"Don't laugh. Help me up" he said grumpily as I offered him my hand which he took before using all my strength to pull him up as his foot kept slipping.

He limped over to the passenger seat, his movements slow and pained as he sat in the car.

"You alright mate?" Ashton asked his voice cracking from his previous laughter. Calum hummed in response while inspecting his hands and elbowed.

I climbed into the backseat buckling my seat belt and pulling my coat closer to me as I was freezing.

"Where do the others live?" Ashton asked Calum but he didn't respond he just kept running on about how much pain he was in.

Ashton sighed before speaking "obviously Calum's ignoring me so Addie, where do the others live?" He asked flashing me his in famous smile.

"Well Michael only lives down the street and Luke lives a few roads down nearer to me, but I'll point it out when we get there." I told him.

I directed him to Michaels house seeing Michael waiting at his doorstep, a big puffy coat and scarf on and a beanie on his head. He looked cold which made me laugh as all you could only see his face which was pale white but the tip of his nose was red from cold.

He threw his stuff in the car boot next to all of ours before we went to pick Luke up.

"Can you text Luke and tell him we will be like 2 minutes" Calum asked from the front seat.

"Can't you do it?" I asked... well groaned because it's Luke and we don't get on.

"Please Addie, my phones in my suitcase in the boot." he begged

"Fine." groaned before pulling my phone out, taking my warm gloves off exposing my fingers to the cold air and texting Luke.

We're now on our way to pick you up so I hope you're ready. - Addie

A few seconds later I got a reply.

K - Luke

"Twat" I mumbled under my breath so no one could hear.

Pulling up at Luke's house, we saw him also waiting at the door, his mum with him fussing with his scarf and handing him a pair of gloves and also a beanie which he pulled onto his head.

I watched as he said bye to his mum kissing her cheek and telling her he loved her and would see her in a week. He didn't look as if he was in that much of a bad mood but he didn't look like he was in a really good mood.

"Hey" He said smiling as he opened the backseat door in Michaels side.

We all replied with a hi or hey and he asked Michael to move to sit in the middle, but Michael being the stubborn person he was wouldn't move.

"Why can't you sit the other side?" Michael whined.

"Michael please" Luke almost begged.

"I'll move to the middle, you can sit here Luke" I said giving him a small smile as he looked at me blankly before saying okay and walking to my side of the car as I moved into the middle. He sat next to me his long legs taking up most of the foot room space making our legs touch and press against each other. I could tell we both wanted to move but we were stuck like this.

But hey, it was a little bit warmer being squished between these two tall boys wrapped up in winter clothes and I hate to admit it but they looked adorable... Even Luke.

Ashton looked so cute in his coat which had a fur lined hood that made him look so cuddly I could help but imagine what it would be like to cuddle with him.

We drove for around an hour exchanging small talk with very little input from me as I had no idea what they were really talking about. Luke had stayed silent from next to me as he had leaned his elbow onto the side of the car underneath the window.

"You okay Luke?" I mumbled quietly so only he could hear.

He nodded in response but didn't look my way, but I didn't expect him to anyway.

I sighed thinking that we were going to try and get along this week but obviously he took that as not having to talk to me or have any contact.

This was going to be an interesting week.

A/N: aw Calum and Michael are such good friends to Addie and Ashton Will be as well and I'm so excited for this fanfic eeeeek feedback? What do you think will happen at the log cabin? Or even better, what do you want to happen at the log cabin?

And I'd like to say a thank you to 5sos-dreaming and also @irwinesse
For being complete and utter lovely people x

And if you read this please vote and comment it's the only thing that keeps me motivated and gives me the will to update xx

I'll update when I get more votes and its on an uneven number at the moment and uneven numbers make me uncomfortable :/