Part54

I woke up and saw the time,
It was just 6:30.
I opened the curtains.

Something that is very unusual because waking up early, opening curtains is all related to Nandini and definitely not me.

But life is such a great leveller.

"Itni jaldi uth gaye aap" Nandini said rolling towards the side I was standing on.

"Hmm,nind khul gayi" I said with my back still facing her.

"Aaj office jaane wale ho na aap" She asked.

"Haa I have an important meeting" I said.

I heard her hmm-ing.

This was so unlike us.
We never had to find topics to talk about.

"What has happened to us" I said and then I realized that we said the same thing together.

We both smiled.

I went and sat beside her and she was also sitting with her knees near her chest and her face on her knees.

I caressed her cheek with the back of my hand.

"When did we become so awkward" She said.

"I know right" I said keeping my face above hers.

________________________________

Manik had gone to office in the morning.
He must be coming anytime now as he had said that he'll be back by 6pm.

He finally let me come to the living room.
I was sick of being in my room now.

I sat there watching tv.

"Kitna bhi try karo bunny,
Life mein kuch na kuch toh chute ga hi" Naina said on tv.

Yeh jawani hai deewani is easily one of my favourite Bollywood movies.

"Isliye jahan hai wahin ka maza lete hai" Manik whispered in my ears completing Naina's dialogue.

"Hello fangirl" He said kissing my forehead as I looked up at him.

He came ahead and sat beside me on the sofa wrapping his hand around me pulling me closer.

"Hiii" I said hugging him.

"Missed me" He asked.

"When do I not?!" I replied a question with a question.

"Let's go for a walk na" I said.

"Before you say ke pair pe stress hoga, doctor ne bola hai ki thoda thoda chalna hai" I added as I saw him protesting.

"Fine, I'll change and come" He said as he was wearing office clothes.

______________________________

Jogiya jog lagake,
Wakhra rog lagake.

There was probably a party going on in the garden opposite to us where dad's friend Sharma Uncle lived and this song was playing.

Me and Nandini were walking holding each other's hand admiring the sun set time.

Ishq ki dhuni roz jalaye,
Uthta dhuaa toh kaise chupaye.

Songs, Nandini and Gardens!
Just some of the things I would sacrifice my life for.

She was humming the song along removing the hair coming her way as it was windy.