Part65

"Anu, school jana hai na-chalo chalo" I could hear Nandini say as she came in our room with Anayra.

I turned around to other side to sleep.

"Kitte saare friends hai mere baby ke,aur games bhi khelne milege wahan" Nandini said her usual template of convincing my baby to go to school.

Suddenly Anayra broke into crying loudly and finally my already broken sleep was completely broken.

Their rants that I could faintly hear because I was in half sleep now were clear.

"Anu baby roz roz school jaane mein kyun rona aata hai" I heard Nandini still trying to coax her.

I didn't interfere and kept sleeping.

"Shooll is blad" I heard my baby say as Nandini brought her out from the washroom making her bath.

I was going back to sleep.

"Manik" I heard Nandini whine.

"Haa Nandini" I said still sleeping the way I was.

I opened my eyes to see my baby sleeping on the couch spoiling the hair her mumma had just made her comb.

"Anu ko dekho na" Nandini said and I could feel her voice crack.

I turned around to look at her with sleepy eyes.

"Nandini yaar,isme kya rona aa raha hai" I said to her as I saw tears in her eyes.

Something is really bothering her.
I know she hasn't slept properly at night also.

"Anayra,utho" I said to my baby a little strictly because it just irritated me how Nandini starts and ends her day with crying.

Anayra got up in a second hearing that tone from me.

"Dadda" She said trying for me to give her some relief from school.

"Harroz school jaane ke time yeh drama,haa?!" I asked.

My baby.
I was feeling so bad for talking to her like that but I just can't stand Nandini crying.

"Solly dadda" She said and got up with her school bag and went out of the room.

Shit.
My baby.

"Aur aap Mrs.Malhotra,doctor ne bola hai aapko to cry subah uthte hi aur raatko sone se pehle" I scolded her too.

Puri morning bigad gayi.
Huh.

"Mein anu ko drop karke aati huh" She said to me avoiding eye contact.

Yeh sahi hai.
Pehle maa beti ladenge.
Mereko bich mein daalege.
Mein aau phir dono ek ho jayenge.

Kya karu mein inn dono ka inke aiyappa.

__________________________________

We were on the breakfast table.

I saw Nandini quiet.
She was literally just playing around with her food.

Everything she was doing was pissing me off.
What was she hiding from me.

"Stop that" I told her and she was banging the fork on the plate.

"Don't eat if you don't want to and leave for the office" I said to her.

My parents were clearly shocked to hear that tone from me and more than that they were shocked that I was okay with her not eating.

"I can't come to office today, I've to go somewhere else" She says to me.

"The office isn't a garden Nandini that you can come anytime you want to and not when you don't want to" I told her.