Powers ♡-{pt.1}

A/N: you discover that you have ice powers and Steve helps you control it.

Warnings: can get a bit intense and cringe ahead! 😆😆 this one's kinda meh but I had this dream and I wanted to write it out again...but the dream is actually a lot better than how I wrote this lmao. Anyway, enjoy!
***
It was just a normal day for you. You went along with your daily routine as usual and nothing was different. Until later tonight. Then, your entire world turned upside down.

You were just relaxing and having some dinner in your bedroom back in your apartment when suddenly your hands grew cold. You were puzzled. It was in the middle of July. You didn't understand what was going on. Should you see a doctor?

Your hands then began to glow a periwinkle kind of color and you weren't sure but you thought you saw little ice crystals growing on your finger tips. You began to then really freak out when the walls in your room had ice crawling up them slowly. What was happening?

You stood up and in an instant the ice disappeared. Something weird was going on with you. And you had to speak to someone about it.
***
You went to the tower to hopefully find Steve and speak to him to try and figure out what the heck is going on with you before it was too late. "Hey (y/n)," Tony greets you as he walks past, but barely looking up at you.

"Tony, have you seen Steve anywhere?? It's an emergency. I need to talk to him right now!" You said, grabbing his wrist to stop him and make him turn around to face you. He turns around with an eye-roll at the mention of Steve. "Yeah, he's in the training room," he said, gently yanking his arm off of you and made his way back to the comms, which was where he was heading to.
***
You turned around and instantly ran for the training room, where you saw your boyfriend standing in front of the punching bags, throwing one punch after the other. "Steve!" You called, running towards him. He stops to take a break and turns around, smiling as he noticed you.

"Hey, (y/n). What's up?" He asks, wiping the beads of sweat off his face. He then grabbed his water bottle and took a couple sips before closing it back up with the cap and put it down next to him. "Steve, something weirds going on with me...I'm scared," you say, looking at your hand again which began to glow the light blue.

"Weird things?" He repeats, holding back the punching bag from almost swinging back in his face. "Yeah, I-I don't know what's happening," you say anxiously. "Alright. Let's go to the commons. We can talk there," he told you with a nod and began cleaning up.
***
You met up with Steve in the commons and began to explain to him what has been going on with you. You told him how you were just quietly sitting in your bedroom watching tv while you ate dinner, when all of a sudden your hands began to glow a blue color like they were now and ice began to fill the room.

"I see..." he said, pacing around as you talked. "Well, (y/n), I could say that I think the explanation for this is that you have powers." He said. It took you a little while to process in what he just said. You...have powers?? "I-I-but-what?? How?"

"Has Nick Fury been trying to get in contact with you at all lately?" Steve continued. You shook your head. "No, at least I don't think so...I only just found out about this now." You say, looking down sheepishly.

"Ok, I think I know what we need to do. Come with me, (y/n)." Steve waved his hand for you to follow along with him as he left the training room. You followed, not knowing what this was going to lead to...
***
A/N: okay so this came out to be a bit longer than I intended to, but I think it was pretty good...there wasn't much fluff or cute moments like I wanted there to be but in other imagines there will be—anyway thanks for reading! Leave your thoughts in the comments!! #positivityonly!

~marrymesteverogers