Civil War (AU)~The Interrogation || pt 1 ♡

A/N: so this is a one shot based off a dream I had last night! Enjoy!!! also i didn't mean for this to be a two part series, I originally planned it for just a regular one shot but it was getting to be longer than i thought it was haha so yeah i had to end it there but i think that was a good spot to end it for now until the next part comes out! What do y'all think? Let me know in the comments!!! 🥺❤️

summary: the government sees that you are very close to Steve and decide to get some information out of you on him.
***
You were walking home from work one evening alone. It was a brisk, autumn night and you were rummaging through your purse as you walked down the streets of New York City, trying to find your cellphone that won't stop ringing.

You were able to finally grab it, and cheered to yourself. But just as soon as you were about to pull it out of your bag, it slipped back into it. "No!!" You groaned, stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to continue your search for your phone in your pocket. However, you didn't realize the man that had been following you this whole time.

He saw you were distracted and used that as a perfect opportunity to get you. He slowly started to walk towards you, then began to run. You didn't see him coming until he jumped you and shoved you inside the giant white van that was parked right next to you, the door opening waiting for you. You didn't even have any time to react or scream out for help to what just happened before you were pinned down to the floor of the van and tied and gagged.
***
You finally woke up about two hours later finding yourself tied to a chair in a dark room. You tried to struggle, but suddenly there was a bright light that was shown into your eyes. You squinted them and turned your head away but it seemed as though the light was following you.

"(y/n), (y/l/n). is it?" A voice asked you from the opposite side of the desk that was currently in front of you. "Depends whose asking. And why was I kidnapped?" You sneered, trying to struggle to break free of your ropes that tied you to your chair.

"We're going to be the ones asking the questions here, Miss (y/l/n). Now, tell me." The man reached inside a folder and pulled out a photo. "Who is this man?" It was a picture of Steve, you wondered how they got that picture but it wasn't really that important right now.

Then it hit you. You realized what was happening. "I have no idea who that man is, sir." You played dumb. "Liar." He called you out. Shit. You were in trouble with this one. "Now, I'm going to ask you that question again, and this time you are going to give me the correct answer. Or face the consequences. Got that?" He leaned in closely to your face, trying to appear intimidating.

You narrowed your eyes back at him, mocking his facial expression. He huffed and leaned back into his seat, showing you the picture again. "Now. Who is he?" He questioned you, holding the picture out to your face. "I don't know who that man is." You lied once again. You smirked a little when he gave another angry puff, obviously trying to keep his cool.

"Ok. Well, then i'm going to say a few words now. And you are going to tell me the first thing that pops into your mind. Ready?" He asked. You nodded. "Captain America." He said. "America." You responded. He sighed and rolled his eyes. "The Avengers."
"Superheroes," you shrugged. He nodded a little bit.

You continued this on until he started getting more specific about things and you slowly stopped answering his questions. He glared at you when you wouldn't say anything more and suddenly pulled out a little remote from his desk drawer. "Alright. So you won't answer to me, but maybe you'll answer to this." He gave you a twisted smile and pushed the button on the remote.

Suddenly you heard something start up, and grew a little nervous. Then, electricity flowed throughout your entire body, the pain was unbearable. You screamed loudly and tried to break free only begging for it to stop. "ST-STOP!!! STOP!!!" You screamed at the top of your lungs.

The man smirked and finally stopped the torture session for a second. "Want to start talking? Because I can do this all day," he smirked at her, mocking Steve's line on purpose. "N-never!" You panted, gasping for breath. No matter how bad the pain was, you were never going to betray Steve.

The man only shrugged in response. "Alright, then. Suit yourself." He then smirked at you and pressed the button again, starting up the whole process all over again. This took a few more minutes, maybe 10-20, until you were finally ready to crack.

"O-okay, okay," you gasped out once he finally stopped again, panting heavily. "I'll talk." You sighed in defeat. "Talk to me." The man gave a satisfied smile and leaned closer to your face with a smile, waiting to hear what you have to say.
***
"His name is Steve Rogers," you gasped out, referring to the man in the picture he showed you earlier.