Hail Hydra

Summary: This idea was requested by @Annagranger1 ! Thanks so much for this idea, I was gonna just post it on my Instagram fanpage but then I remembered I still had this book up which I havent updated in like, forever lmao. Also, Im gonna update a New Years one shot here even though im a bit late for that, but hahaa anyway enjoy this imagine! In this story, the reader is a HYDRA agent who at first tries to stop Steve but the two end up falling in love instead.
****
"The perimeter is clear. Thor, do your thing." Steve said into his comm as he waited around the corner of the HYDRA base just outside it. "On it," Thor responded back into his. He then got into his place and swung his hammer, knocking down the giant locked doors with a crash! "Well. That was easy." Thor commented as he stepped inside, the others following him along. "Good work, buddy. Ok Avengers, spread out. Everyone good on the plan?" Steve asked, lowering his tone now as the team went further inside their enemie's base. "Copy that," Clint responded. "Roger, Rogers." Sam smirked on his line. Steve rolled his eyes, not finding it to be the time to joke around.

"How original, Sam. Keep an eye out for anything suspicious. Got that?" Steve ordered, lurking around the corner. It was strangely quiet, that was until suddenly there were bullets flying past the team everywhere. Steve slammed himself back against the wall, holding up his shield for protection. He cursed, and looked around for any way of escape. He then jumped a little when a young girl stepped in front of him, smirking. And that young girl was (Y/N). She was a new HYDRA agent, and this was her first mission. Especially dealing with the Avengers. "Hello, Captain America." She smirked. Steve looked down and noticed the gun in her hand, and immediately his first reaction was to kick her in the stomach.

"I'm not here to play games!" He grunted, blocking one of her punches and then threw another one of his own at her face. "Oh, I know what you're here for, Captain," (y/n) smirked, now it was her turn to kick Steve in the stomach. He bent over in pain for a second, but as she stepped up, he blocked another one of her punches with his shield. "And you're not gonna get it." (y/n)'s smirk on her face grew into an evil smile. Steve then whipped around, and went to hit her again but he froze as they locked eyes suddenly.

He stared into her (y/e/c) and got lost into them. He didn't realize how beautiful she was. He caught himself staring after a few more seconds and shook off the thought. She's a HYDRA agent, Rogers. Get yourself together and fight for what you're here for! Don't fall into her traps! Steve scolded himself, getting himself back on track.

(Y/n) felt something too when she locked eyes with Steve but she would never in a million years admit it. It was almost like it was...a spark. "I-stop it! No, I'm not falling for it!" She muttered to herself. She then looked back up at Steve who threw another punch across her face, almost knocking her out.

Once she was weak enough, Steve picked her up and the team was finished fighting off the rest of the agents and they won, as usual. He brought the girl back to the jet and cuffed her as soon as he did. "Why did you bring her back??" Tony asked once he saw her, aiming his palm for the girl.

"No! Don't. We can use her for interrogation. We can maybe try to get some of the information out of her. Don't hurt her unless I give any orders to do so." Steve told Tony sternly. Tony was a little surprised by Steve, but he did have a point. He lowered his palm and shrugged, walking off. "Alright, whatever." He mumbled as he went back to the front of the jet with the others. Steve however stayed with (y/n) to make sure she didn't try to escape.
***
(Y/n) was waking up now once they got back to the tower, and Steve was ready to take her to the comms for interrogation. She was fully awake now, and the team had her cuffed to the table to make sure she wouldn't escape. "Hello, (y/n)." A voice said to her. Steve sat down in front of her and got ready for the interrogation, while (y/n) looked up at him with a glare.

"You better let me go right now or I swear you'll be sorry!" She threatened through gritted teeth, tugging against the cuffs wildly. Steve sighed a little. He knew this was going to take a while. "Look, (y/n). We don't plan on hurting you. We're just going to ask you a few questions and hope you can answer them correctly for us, then we'll let you go." He said.

(Y/n) was calming down a little bit now, and sighed. "Alright," she said, looking at him a bit skeptically. "Shoot." She said. Steve asked her the questions and at first it was hard to get anything out of her, but then (y/n) started to fall for Steve again, and then she began spilling everything. "Ok. That was all. Thank you," Steve went over once he was finished and un-cuffed (y/n), letting her go as promised.

"Uh, wait, Steve?" She said. He stopped and turned around, waiting to see what she wanted. "Yes ma'm?"
"You're alright." She smiled a little, feeling herself blush. A small smile formed onto his face too. "You're not so bad yourself."

"Oh, Steve, one last thing..." she said, stuttering a little. Steve turned around again, folding his arms across his chest. "I-this might sound a little weird, and forward, but-I think-I might like you. I know I'm for HYDRA and you're for the Avengers but, I think maybe we could try and work us out? If that's ok with you?" She asked. (Y/n) was never usually the type to ask anybody out like this, but she just had a gut feeling that she should. And she wasn't trying to use Steve in any way with this, she actually did like him and wanted to get together.

Steve's expression softened, and his arms slowly fell from his chest. "I...I like you too, actually. What's your name?"
"(Y/n), (y/l/n.)" she smirked, holding out her hand for a shake. Steve felt himself blush a little bit too, taking her hand and shaking it back. "Steve Rogers," he winked, knowing she already knew that.

"Are you free on Friday? Maybe we can go out to dinner," Steve suggested. (Y/n) felt a flutter of excitement in her heart and smiled. "I should be! That'll be great, what time?"
"I'll come pick you up at 7? You're gonna be at the base again though, right?" Steve asked. (Y/n) nodded. "Yeah, I am."
"So, I'll come there as Captain America and pretend to have you as a captive, and then once we get far enough away from them without being noticed, I'll take you on my motorcycle to dinner." Steve said. (Y/n) chuckled.

"Sounds good! See you there, Rogers." She smiled and walked out of the building after planting a kiss on Steve's cheek. He blushed with a smile as he watched her leave, he couldn't wait to see her tomorrow.
***
A/N: okay, here's the request! I didn't mean for it to be in third POV, but I just started writing it that way I guess and it stuck, but hey I got it to work out 🤣🤣 anyway what did you think of it? Let me know in the comments! ❤️🥰

Xoxo,
Marrymesteverogers ❤️