Chapter 7 - Moving On

It has been a week since Jack has given birth to baby Theo, and he has been really good so far. Jack is so blessed to have her little peanut with her now, and he has been eating perfectly, latching onto her breasts with no problems. The girl is getting used to being a mom now, she has to do it all without Negan by her side, but she stays composed for her son, keeping her well being together for him. She is still unaware that he is in fact alive, and he escaped his prison cell to find her but had no luck.

If Jack knew, she wouldn't believe it but she has to move on now and focus on Theo, he is the most important thing in the world to her now, after almost dying while having him. Jack sits on the couch cradling her little bean, and he truly lives up that name, he is very little but Jack is so in love with him she cries just looking at how precious he is. She sways him back and forth while he is her arms, her voice is gentle when she sings and talks to him.

"You are so precious, my little Theo. Mommy loves you so much, and just for you i want to sing you this song, i know that you can't understand me but you hear me and that matters peanut"

Jack chokes back tears as she sits down rocking back and forth to calm her screaming baby boy, he is red in the face and making a lot of noise. She has no idea why he is so upset, his cries make her upset because she has no idea what's wrong with her baby. "Shhh it's okay Theo, you have to stop crying for mommy or the monsters will hear you, and we can't have that" but he cries even louder.

Jack lifts her shirt up to feed him, but he doesn't want to eat and his diaper is clean. His temperature seems okay, something is wrong and she is really starting to worry. Theo is only a week old, and if he is sick or anything it's not good, Jack feels so bad not knowing what to do. She cradles him close, as he cries and it attracts walkers who bang against the side of the cabin, scaring the woman and her baby.

"Theo, please honey stop crying" Jack has tears in her eyes, and she hears glass shatter as walkers start to break through the windows, causing Theo to cry more and Jack panics. The cabin is not very secure, and she has done a good job being discreet in there, but since she has a newborn now, and he is crying out of control, they can hear him, and Jack quickly packs all of her things realizing she needs to make it some where, maybe she can go to Hilltop or Alexandria or even Kingdom if she can find it.

Her logic is there is no way they can refuse her or more of Theo's cute little button face, so she has to be somewhere safer for him and right now she has to leave. A walker breaks through the window it's jaw snapping to get her, as she quickly puts Theo down inside the little basket she lays him in, and she packs up super quick while he cries. Leaving him for a brief moment she gets in the car, pulls it up to the door so she can load everything in there.

Having to pull her knife out as a walker grabs her long hair, she screams as it tackles her and she loses the knife. Theo screams inside the cabin, the door gets busted open by the walkers who hear him. Jack feels the fire inside as they walk towards her baby, she beats the fuck out of the one walker on her and tackles the others, bashing their heads in with the base of a lamp. She stops, trying to catch her breath as she rushes over to pick her baby up and he stops crying but she is really crying.

"I'm so sorry Theo, i swear if something happened to you i would die without you, i love you so much my baby boy" Jack keeps hold of him, supporting his small head with her arm as she grabs her backpack, and she places them inside the car along with Theo's basket. Since he stopped crying, he lays inside the basket cooing and sucking on his tiny fingers, while Jack grabs the last few things and loads the car up. The frantic girl gets in and starts the car as more walkers hear it and she drives off, fast enough but not speeding fast.

She runs a few of them over, and makes it out to the main road, where she turns towards Hilltop, or if she were to go farther she would find the Sanctuary or even Alexandria. Her best bet is Hilltop, as she knows that the sanctuary has been abandoned and it's not safe there for her son, so Hilltop is the best place. Realizing she is far enough away from the herd, she stops the car as Theo begins to cry, as he is now hungry. She picks him up, and removes her shirt so he can eat, and he does for about 5 minutes. Jack has gotten used to breastfeeding, usually switching between each boob in between feedings, and Theo has been doing good with eating.