Chapter 40 - Stay The Night

Late evening has arrived and Negan sits with Jack on the cool ground surrounding her mother's grave. He can't seem to get her away but Jack finally moves off the ground holding onto a bundled up Theo, and he leads her inside the house. Since it's pretty late and the house seems to be secure Negan thinks that maybe it's best to stay there for the night and then in the morning they can move on and try for a new home, which this time he is being very optimistic that they will find the perfect home. But for now he is very tired and he can tell that Jack is getting sleepy as well.

"Okay baby, I think that maybe we should stay here for the night and then we'll leave in the morning what do you think?" Jack sits down on the old couch, and she looks back up to him.

"Yeah I guess so, but can you please get Theo's bag from the car so I can change his diaper and clothes?" Negan laughs and agrees so he heads out to the car, Lucille in hand in case and he grabs a few things from the old beat up car that has gotten them around for the time being. Back inside Theo is cranky and tired so Jack decides to let him eat before putting him down to sleep, and after he gets done eating, Jack cuddles him close and yawns from being so tired. Her eyes close and she falls asleep within seconds, but Theo is secure in her arms tightly. Negan walks back in and takes notice that Jack has fallen asleep and Theo is in her arms.

Being the sweet husband that he is, Negan takes Theo and places him in his basket to sleep and he picks Jack up and cradles her to carry her upstairs to the bedroom so she can be more comfortable and warm. The bed is still in tact and he finds some covers in the closet that had to be her moms, but Jack always being cold he takes care of her making sure she is bundled in and he lets her sleep peacefully while he watches over Theo and keeps watch till he decided it's safe for him to sleep. His sweet and innocent son is waking up and Negan of course rushes over to comfort him before he makes a lot of noise.

"Hey hey it's okay Theo, daddies got you" Negan cradles his baby close to his warm chest and Theo seems to calm down and just blabbers on, drooling all over the place but Negan doesn't mind that. "Alright little guy, lets see if we can find Tiny in your bag, because daddy knows how much you love that thing" he laughs and keeps a tight grip on the baby while he looks in the bag for the elephant toy that Theo seems to be crazy about. Lately he has become more hands on and he even attempts to hold Tiny up by himself, which Jack has taught him to do. "Ahh bingo"

Negan pulls the plush toy out and sits down on the couch with Theo laying across his lap. His head is supported by his legs together and Negan pokes at Theo's belly with the toy and he moves his arms around, making cute little grunts. Theo thrashes his legs around, and makes his faces like he is going potty in his diaper and of course Negan being daddy and mommy for the night has to take care of his boy. But at this point he is very used to taking care of him, Jack has let him do things with Theo and it has brought Negan so much closer with his infant son. After checking for his dirty diaper, Negan cleans him up and takes him upstairs so he can check on Jack.

Entering the room, Jack looks very cozy and so calm and he can't help but watch her sleep and stare at her in awe. Jack has been so tired lately and this sleep was definitely needed and now Negan is yawning and feeling pretty tired himself so maybe it's time to check over one last time and go to bed. The father keeps Theo with him, and he is still awake and clenching onto his daddies shirt with his tiny hands, and Negan checks out the window to make sure the coast is clear and everything is clear and things are all sealed up so they are all safe inside for the night.

Knowing that he needs rest too, he takes Theo up with him inside his basket, and sets him down on his side of the bed and he climbs in next to Jack and she wakes up wanting to snuggle with him and he of course can't resist her cuteness. Together like always Jack sleeps really good that night and wakes up super early feeling refreshed and in a great mood considering the dreadful circumstances herself and her family are in again. But Jack is determined like Negan to not give up, always trying to make some kind of life for their son so he can be the best kid the world has ever seen.