Chapter 52 - You Belong

-Jack POV-

Negan has been gone a few hours and I have just been doing some random shit, pretty much consisting of cleaning and taking care of an infant like the usual routine. But Theo has gotten so much better and more independent now that I'm cutting back on breastfeeding and trying some other foods with him. Applesauce that I make is one of the new things he loves, I swear that baby can eat the fuck out of some applesauce which is good for him so I really can't complain. It gives my already sore and growing huge again boobs a rest, since another peanut is on the way, I will most likely breastfeed again and Theo will probably be completely off my milk by then. So it's so practical now that we get him to eat other things to wean him off, and if we had some veggies that would be even better, to mash up peas, carrots and others.

But for now, the two fruit trees on the farm that have now hit full bloom from the nice and warm spring we are having here, there turns out to be a lot of fruit for us to eat which has been a real life saver since I love fruit so much. I swear, Theo's so much like me personality wise, but other than that he looks like his daddies clone, and i'm guessing that baby two is going to as well, or maybe he or she will be my clone. There's no way to tell till I squeeze him or her out. Negan and I haven't talked about what we plan to do this time around or what names we think of for both genders. But I am gonna start planning things out in case I pop early, and it will be so hard to tell when that is.

This all resides in my mind for now while I clean the house so that its nice and fresh when my man comes back and then we can take the night to relax and talk about our plans for the baby inside me. Theo sits on the floor with his blocks, and Tiny which I have come to notice he's slowly trying to say some words, Tiny being one of them. He faintly says ma and da, but you can hardly hear him and it's more of a blabber then anything.We're both so patiently waiting for him to crawl, because it's so essential that he does so, and learns so he can just get up one day and walk, which will be one of the best days of my life, the first being his birth even though it was rough.

I walk over and sit on the floor with my baby and I love to just sit and play blocks with him, and just talk gently to him so he can hear me and pick up on my words. "Hey my little bug, mommy is going to get your blocks and then oh my she's gonna take Tiny too, can you say Tiny for mama"? i smile at Theo and he looks to me with the cutest smile, and I know that he's slowly gonna start getting teeth too which i'm not prepared for, it's just another sign he won't be my tiny baby anymore, but in my heart he always will be my little baby. "Come on Theo, can you say Tiny for mama"? And then it happens, my baby babbles and faintly says Ti, which is so close to the whole word but it's a good start for him. I'm such a proud mommy right now.

"Yay Theo, mommy is so proud of you" i scoop him up and kiss his tiny head and my baby grabs a handful of my hair, using his fingers to latch onto me. "Oh my goodness peanut, you're getting so big, mommy don't want you to grow up, no not ever but I know you're going to get so big and strong and be mommies little helper" I'm nearly in tears imagining the near future and what it looks like. I hope in my heart that both of my children are going to be so strong and not be afraid of anything, just like myself now and how Negan is and always has been like, and we will both make sure that our children are always safe.

I hear some rain outside and i worry about Negan being stuck out there, but I'm hopeful that he's okay. I love to watch it rain, just to sit outside on the porch and listen to the soothing sounds, it's amazing to feel that way. So that's what I am gonna do, as it starts to pour. It's warm out too so I can hold Theo with me and watch the rain on the nice big porch, as long as it's clear outside I can be safe. I grab a small blanket to wrap around Theo, just to keep the wind off of him and I walk out and the sound instantly mesmerized me into a state of mind that is so lovely and peaceful.