Chapter 12 - Back To The Start

The new day has arrived and after the first night of being back together with their son, Jack and Negan think of their next move. Finding safety and shelter is the top priority because of Theo, they both know that keeping him safe over anything is the most important thing in the world to both of them. Jack has no idea where to even go, Negan also doesn't know but they both will be okay, at least that is what they think as they now get ready to get back on the road in search of a new home. The sanctuary is not livable anymore, so now traveling far away from here is the best option.

After changing her dirty clothes, Negan holds onto their baby boy, and Jack takes him while Negan goes to change his clothes too. Theo is very calm right now and Jack is thankful that he is not screaming because there is walkers not to far away, and they would hear him, as he can scream pretty loud sometimes. "Babe?" Jack calls out to Negan as she sits inside the car while he changes. He rushes to her side, shirtless with only his jeans on.

"What is it baby?" He asks a concerned Jack and she points to the small herd up the road from their car and Negan is instantly worried. "Oh shit, we have to get the fuck out of here"

"Yeah, that might be a good idea i think we should go get Lucille and then i don't know" Jack places Theo down inside his basket as he fell asleep. "Negan, we need her...we have nothing"

"Oh fuck yeah we need her baby, i miss my number two girl" he chuckles and puts his shirt on. "After that i don't know baby" he says and Jack gives him that look like she doesn't know what to say back to him and she actually doesn't have any clue either. Negan walks around and gets in the car, starting it in a hurry.

He drives off not really knowing where to go but he has an idea, the field where he was dreadfully and painfully defeated. Jack has told him that Lucille is still there as no one has claimed her, and he is way more excited to have her back than he should be. All that is left of the saviors is that bat, and he will remember the very details of that day and he doesn't really want to. Jack looks back and notices that baby Theo is still very much asleep so she leans back in the seat while Negan drives and relaxes taking in the nice warm air coming through the window.

"What are you thinking about?" Negan questions her as she takes a deep breath, closing her eyes slightly. He knows that look she gives, Jack is worried about where they are going to stay or more less what is in store for them now that they are alone and traveling to the unknown. "Come on baby, you can tell me anything i know you to well Jack, something is on your mind?"

"I guess i'm just worried, everything is so up in the fucking air right now and Theo is so little i'm just so scared" Jack says in a tone that worries Negan.

"Hey it will be okay, i promise" Negan takes Jack's hand in his and gives it a kiss and she returns the favor by kissing his hand back.

"I know but you know how i am, after all i have been through and or what we have been through too i can't help but worry about all this shit, and now we have our son it's so important that we keep him safe" Jack almost cries remembering all that has happened and now Theo is in this world and she has to keep him from those things that she had to endure. "I just love him so fucking much Negan, i swear if something ever happens to him or to you again i will die"

"Well nothing is going to happen, we are all going to be just fine"

"Okay baby, i believe you" Jack smiles slightly and she happens to notice where they are now. The field near where he was defeated six months ago and the painful feeling of remorse has come back and Jack sheds a few tears thinking about what she seen that day. "This is so fucking horrible, to be back here" Negan gets out and Jack follows making sure to keep her eye on Theo while Negan heads up to the tree, the same tree he almost died underneath and he himself dreads the feeling.