Chapter 42 - Found

Neither Negan or Jack know where they are, but for all they know is the car that has gotten them through the past few weeks or so has just died and it seems that now it can't be fixed. Negan has got out of the car leaving Jack inside to stay warm for now while she holds onto Theo making sure he is warm too. He checks over the whole engine, and it is for sure that it has overheated and the car technically has no gas either which was expected after all the driving they have done without getting more. Not ever wanting to leave Jack for any extended period of time again, Negan decides that maybe this piece of junk is not relevant to even fix or go in search of gas.

But this leaves the couple alone, stranded out here with the hard and cold winter soon approaching. The only thing that the two of them should worry about is getting out of the cold and taking care of their baby boy. Now is not the time to be goofing around, things are dyer and Negan cannot bare to see Jack and Theo suffer in the cold, and he himself is cold too so he goes down the road a little, still in sight of the car and he can't see anything close by. This is not a good place to break down, if only he had made the car go farther till they reached a town or any type of house it would have helped tremendously. The car at this point is a lost cause, and Negan decides to quickly go down the road to see if he can find anything while Jack stays inside the car, curled up with Theo to stay warm.

"Okay be right back baby, you honk that horn if you need me and I will get my ass back here quicker than you can fucking blink" he laughs and props Lucille on his shoulder, looking hot and badass like he always does. Jack watches as he heads down the road a little ways, and she can see him for a little until he turns down another road, and from there she worries but knows that he is okay. Negan walks pretty far away but not that far away from the car, and he keeps going down this dirt road off the highway and he wonders what this all could be, what does this road lead too. His feet get tired, his boots are pretty worn out and he has his leather jacket clung closely to his body for warmth.

The weather is getting colder by the day, and at this point it's going to be hard to keep Jack and Theo warm, because there really isn't much to find heat wise. Before he knows it his feet bring him closer to the end of the dirt road, and what comes into view is very interesting. It seems at first to be some kind of old barn, over time it has been falling apart but beyond that there lays a house. A rather large farmhouse, and that seems to be in tact and he is curious to see what it looks like up close. But before he even makes a move towards it some dead come out from behind the barn and scurry towards him, so him being prepared to kill, walks up to them walking the side of their heads, blood splattering and he takes his knife to finish them off, and it felt pretty good to kill some dead.

After that little exchange he keeps going, getting closer to the house and it's a damn nice house, seems to be abandoned and secluded which if it's okay inside and all that it might just be a new home for his family. Jack sits back in the car nearly shivering and heat can't come soon enough, the girl feels the cold chilling her to the bone. Her husband has been gone for at least a half hour now and Jack is sure he is fine but she is more or less to cold right now to even worry so much. All of her body heat that she has is keeping Theo warm, the mom could care less about herself being warm because Theo is much more In need of warmth then she is. "Shhh it's okay, shh mommy is going to keep you warm peanut, I promise mommy would die for you, I would do Anything in this world for you so just relax, and cuddle with mama"

The tiny baby starts to blabber, making cute noises at his mama, and he is nice and cozy. Jack is scared to death right now that Theo is going to die, because if it gets too cold he is very easily going to freeze and right now all she can do is bundle him up in layers of baby clothes, a little beanie hat made for babies, and some tiny gloves. She is actually thankful now that back then at the big k store her and Johnny had raided she was smart enough to clear out all the baby clothes and winter stuff that was left. Theo doesn't have much but what she has works and for now it has too, so that his skin is not exposed to the ice cold air outside. The car is not that cold yet but with the temperature dropping outside rapidly, that will change fast and she's starting to feel impatient but she trusts Negan.