Part 14

It was now the afternoon of the first day at camp. They had arrived in LA about an hour and ago and just gotten to the hotel. Jill placed Mallory in a room with Tobin and Christen. After talking to Christen and Tobin, they agreed that having both of them there would be the best for Mallory. Jill wanted to make sure that someone was always with her to make sure she was ok. Mallory had also grown close to the two women in the last week and a half and wanted Mal to have people that she was comfortable with. Jill had actually been quite shocked when Tobin had called her last night saying that Mallory was coming. Jill had actually come by their house a couple days ago to talk to the two women. She knew that Mallory hadn't left the room and only got out of bed to go to the bathroom. She realized Mal had made huge steps of improvement since yesterday.  Upon arriving at camp everyone gave Mallory space. They knew that big crowds weren't the best for her right now. Mallory wanted space. However, in an hour Mallory would have to go to the team meeting.
————————————————————————
Tobin, Mallory, Christen, Alex, and Kelly were going down the elevator for the first team meeting. Everyone could tell Mallory was on edge and had anxiety about seeing everyone again. The last time she saw everyone together was when she saw Dansby did, 10 days ago. The women stepped out of the elevator and before they stepped into the room, Christen pulled Mallory aside to talk to her.

"Where's Mal?" Asked Carli when Tobin, Kelly, and Alex walked through the door. At this point, everyone was there except Christen and Mal.

"Christen is talking to her right now. She's having a little bit of anxiety about seeing everyone again. Today is her first day out since the accident and she hasn't been doing too well." Tobin said trying to inform everybody.

"She's having a really hard time ladies, which is very understandable, so please try not to overcrowd her. That might make it worse for her" Jill said.

"Please act normal in front of her, she needs that right now. And avoid anything dealing with the accident. She can't handle talking about that right now" Kel said as the door opened. Mallory looked so small next to Christen. She looked like a small figure of herself. She was crouched in on herself. She walked in semi leaning on Christen and clinging to her hand like her life depended on it. Everyone could see her bright red eyes and tear stains on her face. They knew she had been crying in the hall. Upon passing Kelly, Mallory reached out for her hand. Christen and Kelly sat on each side of Mal in the back row. Next to them sat Alex and Tobin. During the meeting, Mal leaned on Christen for comfort. Since the accident, Mal had become totally dependent on Christen. Christen didn't mind at all. She felt better when she was able to comfort Mal and felt honored that she had picked her. After about an hour the meeting wrapped up. Everyone went their separate ways except the 5 ladies. They decided takeout was the best option because Mallory wasn't ready to go in public yet. She never clearly said it, but they decided for her with her best interest in thought. Later that night everyone went to bed and Mal slept in bed with Christen. Mal had several bad dreams as usual but Christen was there to comfort her each time.