Part 15

Today was the first day of training at camp. They would be doing testing today, the worst day of all. Christen and Tobin had talked to Jill about their concern for Mallory. They knew she wasn't in the best mental state and she had lost 9 lbs in the last week and half. She was very skinny to begin with so 9 lbs was a lot of lose. She now stood at 5'4 and weighed only 107 lbs. She was by far the tiniest on the team, by about 20 lbs. Jill told the women that she would make sure to take it easy on the fragile girl. She also asked them to make sure Mallory didn't push herself to far. The day begun by getting pulse readers attached to their body to keep track of their pulse and oxygen levels for the day while they worked out. Everyone took their T-shirt's off and wore just their sports bra, but Mal. Christen looked at her and immediately knew what was wrong. Mal had developed self esteem issues and in her eyes she hated her body. After some convincing, Mal took her shirt off to get the wires attached. Everyone in the room knew what was happening but everyone pretending to be clueless. Everyone was shocked when she finally pulled off her shirt. She had lost so much weight and it was noticeable. Jill immediately took note to speak with their dietician to get Mallory started on some protein shakes.
————————————————————————
3 hours later and they were at their last test of the day. All day, everyone saw Mallory pushing herself incredibly hard. They also noticed how pale and sick she looked. Christen tried to get her to take a break but she snapped and refused. Their last test was the pacer test. You sprint back and forth and touch the wall in the allotted amount of time. Each round the time would get less and less. Once you could no longer go, you would drop out. The more rounds you completed, the more points you got. They had gotten pretty far into the test and the only two people remaining were Kelly and Mallory. Nobody knew how Mallory had made it. They knew perfectly healthy Mal could easily win this. She was the fastest person on the team and had amazing endurance. However, Mal was not very healthy right now. They knew she had passed her limit but she had refused to quit. The bell rang and Mal and Kel ran to the opposite side of the field and made it there before the bell rang. They were about 50 yards from everyone else when Mal turned to Kel. Kelly instantly knew what was happening. Mallory had become ghost white and Kel could see her legs starting to buckle under her.

"Help" Kelly managed to yell before Mal passed out. Everyone turned and looked as they watched Kelly catch Mallory and lower her to the ground. The team medics instantly sprinted down with several other people. Jill told the girls that practice was over for the day and to leave. Alex, Tobin, and Christen sprinted down the field. They knew that they shouldn't have let her continue to push herself that much.
————————————————————————
After about 5 minutes Mal had woken up extremely dazed and confused. She felt extremely sick to her stomach and weak. Tobin ended up having to carry her back up to bed. Once laying down Mallory had fallen asleep instantly. Her whole body hurt and felt like it was shutting down on her.