Part 18

The next morning, Mallory has woken up early and saw the headlines. She was fuming. If Tobin would have left it alone, this would not be all over the news right now. She wasn't five; she could fight her own battles. Mallory quickly packed her suitcase and put it in the lobby with the rest of everybody else's and went to breakfast. About 20 minutes later they were awoken to Jill knocking on the door.

"Where's Mal" Jill asked after noticing she wasn't in her bed.

"Shit, she probably went to breakfast. She didn't know about Tobin punching that guy last night but she probably found out. She was being weird last night. After stuff like this she normally is very clingy to us. She ended up kicking all of them out of the room yesterday after starting a fight with me. She probably found out this morning and was still mad from last night and went to breakfast without us." Christen said.

"About the whole punching thing, Tobin between you and I, I'm glad you hit him, or else I would have. I talked to FIFA and the heads of Australian and American women's soccer last night. They all agreed that there was no way that you would be punished. The only person getting punished was the person who said those things. He would be banned from all FIFA events in the future and fined. About the video, it is all over social media. However, everyone is painting you as the hero, which you are. But, there is more stuff on Mallory surfacing now. So my best advice is to keep her off social media as much as we can" Jill said. After this she pulled Tobin and Christen into a hug and walked down to breakfast with them.

Downstairs, Mal pulled Kelly aside. Mal had gotten very close over the past three years to Alex and Kelly. The three were all drafted to North Carolina Courage and were teammates.

"Kel, would it be ok if I stayed with you for a couple weeks when we go back?" Mal asked quietly.

"Mal of course you can. Stay as long as you need. But can I ask why you don't want to stay with Christen and Tobin. You do live with them now." Kel asked slightly confused.

"Listen I really don't want to talk about it ok?" Mal said.

"It's ok. How bout we go get some breakfast?" Kel replied.

————————————————————————Upon coming downstairs, Christen and Tobin looked for their normal seat next to Mal. Christen was a little bit hurt when she saw Mallory sitting at a full table between Kel and Alex. Mal sat their emotionless and they knew she was fuming.  After arriving Christen got a text from Kelly.

K- What's up with Mal?
C- After that 'fight' we got into last night she hasn't spoken to Tobin or I. I think she also found out about Tobin punching the guy, it's all over social media. Has she said anything to you??
K- She asked to stay with me for a couple weeks. She wouldn't tell me what happened tho.
C- ohh

Christen showed the phone to Tobin. Both women were deeply hurt. They weren't mad at Mallory but they knew that she was in so much pain that she was pushing them away. They had no clue how to solve this.