Chapter Twenty Three

I sighed as I sat with Harry outside my job. "It's ok babe." He said to me. "I know but it's so annoying that people do that. When you clearly see a dog with a service dog vest beside someone in a wheelchair, it's stupid to distract it." I ran my fingers through my hair.

I felt him grab my hand as he kissed it gently. "Do you want to spend the night?" He met my eyes. I nodded. "I would like that especially if you cook for me." I smirked. He chuckled. "Of course I would, what kind of boyfriend would I be if I don't?"

"You would still be a pretty good boyfriend but cooking brings you up a level to an amazing boyfriend." I bit my lip. He smiled before checking his phone. "Is it time for you to go back?" I pouted and he nodded. "But I'll pick you up after I get off." He stood up and I felt a kiss on my forehead. I smiled before going back to work.

Harry pulled up to his house and I felt my insides get warm. He got out and opened my door for me before helping me out. We went inside and I took off Jack's vest and leash.

"Do you want to see something?" Harry asked and I nodded. He walked to his laundry room and I smiled when I saw a dark gray dog bed on the floor. "No you didn't." I smiled up at him. "I did." Jack walked over to us and laid on the bed. "Do you like it?" I asked him, rubbing the top of his head. He panted happily.

Harry and I sat at his kitchen table as we ate chicken Marsala and mashed potatoes. "How is it?" He asked me. I nodded. "It's delicious." He reached across the table and grabbed my hand. I felt a sense of calm. When I'm with Harry, I feel like the most special person in the world.