Chapter 2: Bloody Night

While we were talking at the corridor, I heard a voice that came from the room.

"Ákros, go to the gym. The general assembly starts in a few minutes, there's also an announcement on changing of ranks," the voice said.

"Tsss, I'm sure there will be new Ákros," Chaeng stated. We're preparing, ready to go to the gym for the assembly. I retouched my make up, I need to look good and of course as an Ákro, I need to look presentable.

"Hey, let's go." Chaeng pulled my arm.

I am not used to the attention they're giving me right now. Every students are staring at me, while Chaeng was just calmly walking while chewing a gum.

When we reached the gym, my mouth automatically went agape. I feel like I'm in a great hall like in Harry Potter.
The gold ceiling is beautifully decorated, well-lit, and modern stone pillars to support every rows that complete the spacious gym.

There are students forming 4 straight lines. I think it's the lines of the the hierarchy system here. I just followed Chaeng and to my surprise, we are just 8 in the line. Chamilós almost occupied 1/2 of the gym, while Mesaía and Ypsilós occupied the 1/4 of it. I really thought the there are equal number of students here per rank but I was wrong.

"Goodmorning students of Krymméni Akadimía. I'm Madame Grizelda Montruni and I'm the school Headmistress," She introduced, smiling.

Everyone clapped except to those 3 'deities' in front of us. Some were lazily clapping as if it's the only thing they always do everyday that makes them tired.

"I know everyone are excited everytime there's an assembly, right?" The headmistress said. Some students keeps on talking about that, it looks like there will be a big announcement.

I poked Chaeng's arm. "Hey, what's happening"

She looked at me, she's still chewing the gum. "Everytime there's an assembly, there will be important announcements to make. Like changing of rules, competitions, and most importantly, the ranks changing," She explained.

"Rank changing? I thought your rank depends on your family status and your superpowers?" I curiously asked.

"Apprently, some families in the outside world loses their money and power and they tend not to inform the school about it for their son and daughters not to lose the rank. But do you know how powerful this school is? They will still know about it, they have too many connections. Maybe teaming up with other families in witch-organization,"

I slowly nodded.

It's hard to know who the real enemies are. You don't even know who to trust.
We both turned our attention to the headmistress, she's about to announce something so the students were surprisingly quiet.

"There is a student who's rank went to Ákro," Madame Grizelda announced.
The students started murmuring.

"I told you, it's Myth." The blonde girl stated to one of her friend.

"He's so lucky. What if I kill a student from higher ranks so I will have the chance to be in one room with Jisoo?" The guy casually said to his friend. My eyes widened because of that. He's ready to kill someone just to be in one room with a girl.

"Please welcome, Myth Magus, Ákro."

The students clapped, most especially the girls. They were screaming and giggling.

Myth gave his message, after that he gave the microphone to the headmistress. Myth took his shirt off and that was when the whole gym almost shake from the loud screams. He just gave an attractive smile to the girls in front of him, then he turned her back from Madame Grizelda.
I saw Madame Grizelda closed her eyes and slightly waved her hand before placing her palm to Myth's back near the shoulder and a small dusty light came from it. The silver haired guy from Ákro caught my attention, his jaw clenched while looking at Myth's direction.