Chapter 21

"That's so...sad." Jennie spat as her heart soften when she saw Lisa's eyes grows dark.

"He was a good man, he never hurt me nor my mother. He works hard to provide all the things we need despite of our average status in life. He took care of us, gave all of he could to the point that nothing left for himself. He was such a good, loyal and loving husband." She closed her eyes and pursed her lips, pain of the memories dug inside her again. "But as the time passed by, my mom fell out of love. It was just...one day they were in love, our life was a fairytale. But because my dad was desperate to give us a good life, he didn't know that he was overworking himself, my mom found herself becoming lonely, falling out of love and instead of talking to dad, she decided and thought that maybe it was the best for her to find someone else to fill that loneliness she'd been feeling all alone."

Loathing in her heart starts to grow. That was not enough reason for her, it was too shallow. She remembers every moments vividly. All of it. How her mom would sneak out early mornings and late nights when her dad wasn't home until the next day because of work, how she saw her mom with her two eyes happy and smiling with another man which she can't simply do whenever she's with her dad. They promised to love each other in front of the altar, God was the witness but she just threw all of it like a trash.

While her father was working, her mom would simply take that as a chance to do what she couldn't do when her father was around. She was too blinded by finding someone else to make her happy instead, while Lisa's father became lonely, he had no shoulder to lean on except for her daughter who was waiting for him to come home everyday when his wife abandoned him, not just leaving his heart shattered into pieces but also leaving him confused and alone, thinking what did he do wrong to deserve that kind of pain.

Unfortunately, greediness in power and lust consumed her soul, little did she know, she was drowning already, it was a thing she couldn't control anymore. She built her own walls, she built her own prison, caught in a web of pleasure and power, she drowned but didn't want to be saved. It was something she couldn't escape anymore.

And that's what made him depressed. He lost motivation to keep going, he thought it was his responsibility that his wife look for another man. Those joyful eyes she sees everytime he smile disappeared. He was so devastated, and so was Lisa.

"My dad used to go and bring me here whenever he's sad, the sound and presence if the forest really calms him that's why he decided to build a cabin in the middle of the woods." She smiled with teary eyes, looking around the cabin, being proud and sad at the same time that she wouldn't be able to go there together with her father. "This place really brings happiness but most of the time, sadness. It was too painful to be here for it only reminds me of my loving father."

Lisa's lips curled up, voice cracking as Jennie pulled her for a hug. That was when she breaks down crying, getting more emotional now that her girlfriend was comforting her.

"Then one day, my mother thought that my father won't be going home that day from work, she even brought that stupid guy in our own damn house. I was so against it, pushing them away and telling them to stop showing off their sin inside the house that my father built using his blood, sweat and tears. I pushed them away but it was too late, my father saw them. I was so confused, his bestfriend tried to invent excuses but what was more confusing was that, my father didn't even say a single word about it."

Jennie wiped the tears in her eyes as well as Lisa's, she gulped when she saw the peril look growing in Lisa's eyes, the pain was triggering her so much, she wanted to stop Lisa from telling painful stories of her life but she also thought that she needs to release that pent up emotions, stop repressing those painful memories and let it flood through. Lisa can't stop crying.