Chapter 7: Attacker

Throughout the day, I had been wondering how the hell Taehyung knew about my secret. It was only between Chaeyoung and I but there's something inside me telling me to trust him.

I haven't seen Lisa and her squad today, except Taehyung which is unusual for them. When I met Taehyung earlier, he look so problematic but when I opened the topic about Jimin which is I think is his problem, he didn't answer me but I can clearly see how his name affected him. I know I shouldn't meddle with their problem but Jimin's my friend too, he's been a good friend to me since the beginning so maybe it's not bad if I ask him about this.

"Hey pretty girl, where are you going?"
I flinched when Jungkook put his arm on my shoulder, he moved his face closer to mine and winked at me. I hissed and pushed his arm away but he just laughed. I saw Lisa, Myth, and Taehyung at the back walking towards us. Lisa with her usual cold face, gaze traveled with unnerving thoroughness upon me.

"Oh, you're in a bad mood." Jungkook jeered before stepping back and joined the three from walking, Myth smiled at me and Taehyung just eyed me hawkishly. I was walking behind them when I noticed Lisa whispering something to Jungkook before looking at me but as soon as I catched her gray eyes which is surprisingly visible from afar, she promptly took her eyes away.

Jungkook was wearing a sly playful grin, approaching me.

"Uhmm—"

He cleared his throat, acting as if there's something important he needs to tell me. My brows snapped together when he just don't speak out what he wants to say.

"Lisa told me to tell you about your training later at the school's training room. 6pm."

I was about to say something but he quickly turned his back and walked away.

Is Lisa usually like that? Imperious? Always need others to rely her message to someone? What's the use of her mouth if she'll just command others to do it for her? I mean, we're all Ákro here, why would they follow her like her little peasants when in fact they're in the same level.

People always act high-and-mighty if they know there's someone who will follow them. 

I thought it was a relief when no one's asking for Chaeyoung that morning but some of her blockmates from Ypsilós asked for her whereabouts. I couldn't say anything except from she has morning sickness which is actually a dumb answer....I know of course and how I wish they were too dumb to believe it.

I went back to the dorm alone, it feels empty without her. It's been only day since she sneaked out and I missed her already. I miss her constant nagging every time she came back from class and complaining how everyone in their room compete with each other in every single way.

What can I expect? Every single thing in this school is about competition. There will always be the hunter and the prey and it's up to you what you would want to be either of those two.

In the middle of my internalizing monologue I squinched when I heard a someone pecking on the window but when I looked at it, it was a bird. I closed all the curtains because of the possibility that someone might see me, and opened the window so the bird flew inside the dorm.

How are the things going on there? I told you to work on your telepathy right so I won't bother to use a bird for this....tsk.

The bird said with Chaeyoung's voice in it. I was still amazed by what the magic spell can do on living things like bird.  

You can just reply your message here. Just say whatever you want to say to this bird, if you're worrying about the spell, don't worry I already put out a spell on it, just respond, that's all.