Chapter 22:Parent Teacher Conferences

Last time Liam, Neo, and Mickey all returned to Remnant after completing they're mission for Master Yen Sid. Now Parent Teacher Conferences are coming up and that means the Rose Family will be on the scene once again!

Liam was not expecting Ruby and Yang to be hammering on his door early this morning. "What do you two want? Can't you see that I'm busy trying to get this place fortified for when your parents come knocking?" Liam said in irritation as he slightly glared at the sisters. "That's actually why we're here Liam! Since classes are cancelled for today because of the conferences, why don't you and Neo head into Vale?" Ruby said with her trademark huge grin spread across her face. Liam thought about what Ruby said and had to admit it was a pretty solid idea.
                                 "I mean you guys haven't gone clothes shopping for Kaida yet, you can't expect her to keep wearing that rag of a dress!" Yang added as Liam mentally slapped himself for not thinking to go clothes shopping for his daughter! "Alright I give, That's a pretty awesome plan you two, but how do I know this isn't some kind of trick?" Liam questioned with an untrusting glare. "After the last time when mom, you know it kinda woke us up a bit." Ruby said meekly as she looked down at her feet. "Yeah Aunt Summer needs some professional help." Yang added as she also looked down.
                           After confirming the girls honesty, Liam headed up to his and Neo's bedroom so they could head out to Vale to do some shopping. "Ice Cream Cone, you almost ready?!" Liam asked through the bathroom door as he and Kaida waited for Neo to finish up. Neo suddenly exited the bathroom and to say Liam was shocked would be an understatement.

"How do I look Babe?" Neo's sign types out as she did a little twirl in her dress for Liam

"How do I look Babe?" Neo's sign types out as she did a little twirl in her dress for Liam. "Absolutely gorgeous." Liam mumbled still in a stupor at the site of his girlfriend. "Mommy you look so pretty!" Kaida squealed as she ran up and hugged her mother. "Thank you sweetheart!" Neo's sign types out as she scoops Kaida up into her arms before grabbing her bag.
The family of three made their way through Vale as they looked at the different clothing stores. Liam sat outside the changing room while Neo helped Kaida try on some outfits she picked out. "Oh Liam I didn't think I'd find you here!" Liam turned to see Coco standing there with a smile on her face. "Hey Coco, just out shopping with Neo. Were trying to get Kaida some new clothes." Liam explained as Coco gave him a nod in understanding. "Velvet did mention you adopted an adorable little girl, mind if I stick around to meet her?" Coco asked as Liam patted the seat next to him as the two friends waited.
                Neo and Kaida finally exited the changing room and Liam has to say he was glad Neo was an expert on fashion. Kaida was wearing a simple purple dress that matched her hair, white stockings and black Mary Janes. "Hi Daddy! Do I look pretty?" Kaida asked with a shy smile on her face as she waited for her dad to respond. "You look wonderful sweetheart!" Liam said as he patted the top of his daughter's head. "Velvet wasn't kidding when she said this little sweetheart was an absolute doll!" Coco said as she looked Kaida over.
              Kaida got scared at the sight of this new person getting so close to her, she quickly hid behind her mother's leg. "Sorry Coco, Kaida here is pretty shy." Liam said as he looked over at the fashionista. "That's fine Liam, although Neo would you mind if I add my own touch to Kaida's outfit?" Coco asked as she turned the mute girl. "Of course Coco! After all your an expert on the topic of fashion!" Neo's sign types out as she smiled at her fashionista friend. Coco went over to where the accessories were kept and grabbed a small black beret similar to her own before gently placing it on Kaida's head.
                             Liam had to admit that the little hat resting between Kaida's horns did enhance her cuteness even further. Kaida looked at herself in the mirror before smiling at her reflection. Kaida ran up to Coco and hugged her legs. "Thank you Miss Coco!" Kaida said happily as Coco patted her on the top of her head. The group spent another hour gathering a couple more dresses for Kaida before finally exiting the store. Kaida was wearing the outfit Neo picked out for her as the family made their way through town. Although Liam and Neo ended up spotting two familiar faces in the crowd.