Chapter 37: Attack on Evernight Castle!

In the last chapter Liam and Mickey made their way through the Land of Darkness and made it to Evernight Castle! Liam finally met his Grandmother and was able to talk to her. Although Young Xehanort and a hooded Organization Member arrived on the scene.

Liam summoned Way to the Dawn as Mickey also summoned his Keyblade as they both stared down Young Xehanort. "Xehanort, what are you doing here?! Also hand those two over!" Liam demanded as he glared at the younger version of Master Xehanort. "We are here to get one of the last pieces to our plan. As for these two, we have no use for them." Young Xehanort said as the hooded member tossed Mercury and Emerald at Liam and Mickey as they were caught by Panther and Yin. "Gotta admit, those Grimm of yours definitely kept us busy for awhile. Your two lackeys didn't put up much of a fight." The hooded figure said as he pulled down his hood to reveal a man with an eyepatch.

           "Xigbar! So your here as well, what are you planning?" Mickey said as he pointed his Keyblade at the sharpshooting Organization Member

"Xigbar! So your here as well, what are you planning?" Mickey said as he pointed his Keyblade at the sharpshooting Organization Member. "We're here to take that power of grandma over there to control those Grimm. Now stand aside." Xigbar said as he summoned his guns. Young Xehanort summoned his Keyblade as he also seemed ready to fight. "Xigbar, take what we came here for, I'll handle Liam and the King." Young Xehanort said as Xigbar nodded his head in understanding. "Uncle Mick, you take Xigbar, I'll handle Xehanort." Liam said as Mickey along with Yin and Thorn intercepted Xigbar as Liam turned to face Young Xehanort with Panther and Frost.

Mickey vs Xigbar
Mickey hit Xigbar in the back as the sharpshooter was sent sliding across the room. "Should've known it wouldn't be that easy, let's dance mouse!" Xigbar said as he opened fire on Mickey who deflected and dodged the lasers fired at him as he tried to close the distance between himself and Xigbar. Xigbar heard a gunshot as he quickly stopped firing and dodged a shotgun blast from Yin. Thorn ran up to Xigbar and attempted to slash him with her Scythe, but the sharpshooter ducked under the attack. Xigbar kicked Thorn away before returning fire at Yin.
               "So you two want to join in as well? Fine the more the merrier!" Xigbar said as he levitated into the air while hanging upside down as he unleashed a barrage of laser fire. The space in the air around them seemed to distort as lasers flew out of the distorted spots. Mickey deflected and dodged the lasers as Yin and Thorn duck and dove away from the lasers desperately. "Okay what is this guy's deal?!" Yin asked in an annoyed tone as she glared at Xigbar, who was reloading his guns. "Xigbar can manipulate space! Be on your guard!" Mickey said as he charged towards Xigbar, who took aim at him.
Mickey was able to dodge the lasers before jumping into the air and kicking Xigbar in the chest with both his feet. Xigbar was knocked backwards before Mickey appeared behind him and unleashed a power Keyblade combo. Xigbar collapsed to the ground as Mickey landed on the ground in front of him. Xigbar shakily stood you as he let out a small chuckle. "Guess you earned the title of Keyblade Master for a reason! Let's get serious shall we?" Xigbar said as he disappeared as Mickey, Yin, and Thorn looked around for the Organization Sharpshooter.
"Where did he go?!" Thorn said as she looked around for the Organization Member. Mickey looked up to see that Xigbar was in fact floating up near the ceiling of the throne room aiming down at them. "Let's see how you handle this!" Xigbar shouted as he began to rapid fire rain of lasers down upon the trio as they couldn't avoid getting hit by. "How are we supposed to hit him when he's all the way up there?!" Yin growled as she shielded herself with her large claw arm. "Whatever it is we better do it quick or we're all dead!" Thorn said as she blocked as many lasers with her Scythe as she could manage.
Mickey thought about what could be done about Xigbar, then it hit him. "Yin! When. If at goes to reload throw me at him!" Mickey said as Yin turned to look at him. "You sure? Seems kinda risky!" Yin said as she looked at Mickey with a serious look in her eyes. "It's either that or let him keep raining laser shots down on us!" Mickey responded as Yin nodded in understanding. Xigbar's rain of fire ceased as he finally had to reload. "Now!" Mickey shouted as he Jumped into Yin's large claw hand. Trying threw Mickey up at Xigbar with all her strength as Mickey was sent flying into the air towards Xigbar.
Mickey thrust his Keyblade into Xigbar's chest as he let out a pained gasp as all air was knocked out of his lungs. Mickey unleashed attack after attack on Xigbar before finishing the onslaught by delivering a powerful over head slash that sent Xigbar flying towards the ground. Xigbar impacted the ground as cracks appeared in the floor under him. Mickey landed gently on the ground in front of Xigbar and Yin and Thorn surrounded him. "Alright, enough playing around." Xigbar coughed out as he shakily stood back up. "I think your finished you one eyed prick!" Yin growled as Xigbar simply laughed at the Grimm girl's words.
Xigbar disappeared again as he appeared next to Salem before pressing his hand into her torso. Dark energy came out of Salem's body and into some object that Xigbar was holding in his hand. Salem collapsed as Xigbar looked at what appeared to be a card that absorbed the dark energy from Salem's body. "What did you do to Lady Salem?!" Thorn shouted as she glared at the Organization Member. "I just took her little monster creating power, nothing much." Xigbar said with a smug smile as he disappeared once again.