Chapter 40: Final Battle! Part 3: The Reaper's Gambit!

Last time we got to see Zane's battle during the Siege on Beacon Academy. Unfortunately he was blindsided by Young Xehanort and Xigbar. Although Ruby and Yang chased after something that went into the forest.

Mother Reaper chuckled to herself as she watched Ruby and Yang look around the forest for her. If all went well, her little gambit would work like a charm. She was well aware of the risk she was taking with this little plan of hers, but Summer Rose was starting to resist her more and more. "I thought the guilt from the Darkness from all those years ago would be enough. Looks like she still has some fight left in her, time for a more drastic approach." Mother Reaper thought you herself as she started to make her move. Mother Reaper started to hum a lullaby to herself as she kept an eye on Ruby and Yang.
                Ruby knew when had seen a white robed figure watching her from the tree line when they were fighting the Heartless and Nobodies. "Ruby are you sure you saw Mother Reaper in the forest?" Yang asked her sister as she was starting to think her sister was imagining things. "Yang I know I saw that monster! I'm not letting her keep mom prisoner in her body!" Ruby growled in anger as she looked around for the Nobody in question. "Ruby, we're all stressed about Aunt Summer, but you could have been imagining things!" Yang said as they heard what sounded like a lullaby.
                "Beware, beware little children. For the world is a dark and scary place! Beware, beware little children. For dangers lurk down every path!" A voice sang as Ruby and Yang looked around for the source of the singing. "If you wander far from home, you may suffer a gruesome fate! For the children of the night do not play fair and shall take you prisoner, for their mother!" Ruby and Yang turned to see Mother Reaper standing a few feet away from them with her Scythe rested on her shoulder. "Then you shall call me Mother to!" Mother Reaper finishes as she smiled.
              "So your the one who took over my mom's body! I won't let you control her anymore!" Ruby said as she readied Crescent Rose as she glared at Mother Reaper. "How adorable! Such a cute little girl trying to play hero! Why don't you run home to daddy before you get hurt?" Mother Reaper taunted as she knew that Ruby and Yang would not be running away anytime soon. "Like hell you cackling freak! We're not leaving here without Aunt Summer!" Yang roared as her eyes turned red as her Semblance activated and she readies Ember Celica for battle.
                Mother Reaper could feel a familiar pressure in her chest as Summer was once again starting to resist. She would have to make this quick. "Is that so? By all means come and take her from me!" Mother Reaper said with a cackle as Yang lunged towards her and punched her in the face. Yang unloaded multiple shots from Ember Celica as her fist connected with Mother Reaper's face. "Eat that you body stealing bitch!" Yang growled as the smoke cleared to show that Mother Reaper was completely unharmed. "Adorable, my turn!" Mother Reaper said as she grabbed Yang's arm before lifting her off the ground.
              Mother Reaper threw Yang into a tree as the tree broke in two the moment Yang's body hit it. "Yang!" Ruby shouted as she quickly ran towards Mother Reaper and attempted to slash Mother Reaper with Crescent Rose. Mother Reaper blocked the attack with her Scythe before hit Ruby in the gut with the butt of her Scythe. Ruby stumbled back as she tried to catch her breath. Yang snuck up behind Mother Reaper as she unleashed punch after punch with Ember Celica into Mother Reaper's back as she kept firing off shots with each punch.
                "You adorable little child, never change!" Mother Reaper said with a cackle before backhanding Yang as the girl was sent flying backwards. Ruby attempted to slash Mother Reaper with Scythe. Mother Reaper caught the blade with her hand before tightening her grip on the blade. Crescent Rose's blade shattered before the handle was cut in half by Mother Reaper's Scythe. "Oh it appears I broke your little toy! Now then children playtime is over!" Mother Reaper said as she punched Ruby in the gut, who collapsed to her knees from the pain.
                 Mother Reaper was ready to do what she came here to do when she clutched her chest in pain. "You..will...not hurt my daughters!" The voice of Summer Rose roared in Mother Reaper's head as she stumbled backwards. "Your becoming tiresome Summer Rose! Now be quiet while I finish my work!" Mother Reaper growled as she tried to force Summer Rose back down. "I won't let you hurt them! This ends now!" Summer Rose shouted as Mother Reaper was suddenly slashed across the chest by Raven. "Looks like Summer is fighting for control." Raven said as she looked at the struggling Nobody.
             Raven began unleashing attack after attack, which only helped Summer resist Mother Reaper, as the Nobody couldn't focus on suppressing her. "Just give it up you freak! Give me my teammate back!" Raven shouted as red Aura started to blaze around her eyes.