Chapter 33: Duel of Ideals!

In the last chapter Kairi fought Larxene and we got to see what she was capable of in combat! Although Liam went to pursue Adam, what could the Faunus Extremist have in store for him?

Liam ran up a hill as Adam was still refusing to stop and fight him. "Liam, what do you think this guy has planned?" Eros asked in Liam's head as the Keyblade Wielder continued to pursue Adam. "I don't know Eros, but whatever it is can't be good. Be ready to join the fight if things get dicey!" Liam responded in his thoughts as he picked up the pace in order to catch Adam and stop this game of cat and mouse. Adam entered what appeared to be the ruins of a colosseum that had been eroded over years of abandonment. Liam found Adam standing there waiting for him with a condescending smile on his face as he gripped the handle of his sword.
"So your finally ready to fight? Cause the whole chasing you around thing was getting old." Liam said as he looked at Adam with a trained eye as he was ready for the Faunus to lunge at him. "This colosseum was where Menagerie's greatest warriors proved themselves in ancient times! It only seems right that I kill you here and prove that I deserve to lead the White Fang!" Adam said with a laugh as he drew his sword. "You believe that killing humans and making them fear Faunus is the only way things can get better for your people? Don't you think that makes you as bad as the people who wronged you?" Liam asked as he summoned Way To The Dawn before sinking into a fighting stance as he knew a fight was ahead of him.
"I wouldn't expect a human to understand." Adam said before he and Liam charged at one another as their weapons clashed as sparks flew. "Death and destruction won't bring peace Adam! All your doing is making humans hate Faunus more!" Liam argues as he and Adam continued to clash their weapons in a flurry of attacks that cancel each other out. "What do you know? Once humans fear us they will never look down on us again!" Adam sneered as he knocked Liam back with a powerful sword slash that he managed to block. "You really are blind aren't you?" Liam said as he sunk into the shadow cast by the colosseum's walls.
Liam jumped out of a shadow behind Adam as he was high in the air with Waltzing White in hand. Liam transformed Waltzing White into its bow form before taking aim at Adam with an energy arrow. "Subzero Sniper!" Liam shouted as he fired the arrow at Adam, who blocked it at the last second as the arrow was absorbed by his sword. Liam landed back on the ground as he switched Obsidian Vanguard. "So that's your Semblance? I've only heard rumors of the White Fang member who's Semblance allows him to absorb the energy of his enemy's attacks." Liam said as he got back into his fighting stance.
"Yes, I must say I heard the rumors of Beacon's top student who could travel through the shadows and bend them to his will." Adam said as he smiled at Liam. The two once again charged at each other as Adam attempted to cut Liam's head off. Liam slid underneath the attack before quickly spinning on his heel and aiming a slash at Adam's back. Adam stops the attack with his sword before breaking Liam's defense. Before Adam could take advantage of the opening, Liam quickly sunk back into the shadows as Adam looked around for his opponent. Liam jumped out of the shadow on Adam's left as he attacked.
Liam was able to land a hit on Adam's mask before the Faunus kicked him away. Adam's mask broke in two as it fell off his face, revealing the scar on his face. "Now you see what you humans did to me! This scar is a reminder of why human's must be eradicated!" Adam shouted as he rushed Liam with his sword sheathed as he quickly unsheathes it slashing Liam across the chest with his sword. Adam has unleashed the energy he stored from Liam's earlier attack as Keyblade Wielder was sent flying back into the colosseum wall.
Liam picked himself off the ground as he could tell that his aura had taken a huge blow from that attack. "Gotta admit, your probably one of the strongest opponents I've faced Adam! It's to bad your so blinded by your own hatred to see the bigger picture, I think we could have been friends." Liam said as he charged at Adam. "Like I would ever befriend a human." Adam said as he quickly unsheathes his sword to block Liam's attack. Liam cracks a smile as he quickly breaks Adam's defense before backflipping over him and turning Obsidian Vanguard into it's gauntlet with the living spike ball connected.
Liam pulled the spike ball back by the chain before punching it towards Adam with his gauntlet. Adam blocks the spike ball as Liam pulls it back for another attack as Adam continues to block the onslaught of spike ball attacks. Liam then uppercuts the spike ball into the air as it tripled in size before swinging it down towards Adam. "Let's see you stop this one!" Liam shouted as Adam quickly jumped back out of the attack's range. Adam then jumped over the spike ball that was stuck in the ground as he ran along the chain towards Liam with his sword sheathed.
Liam quickly turned Obsidian Vanguard back into it's Keyblade form, but it was to late as Adam slashed the air in front of him that released an energy wave from the stored energy of Liam's earlier onslaught. Liam was sent flying backwards as his aura was completely depleted from that attack. Liam slammed into the ground multiple times before stopping. Liam felt a warm liquid running down his chest as looked down to see he had a large cut across his chest. "Liam, this guy means business! What do we do?!" Eros asked as Adam was slowly approaching the downed Keyblade Wielder.
Liam has to think of something quick or this will end badly. "Wait! He only uses his Semblance with his sword, he must not be able to channel it without it!" Liam thought as he waited for Eros to respond. "Okay, that's great and all but how do we get rid of his sword?" Eros asked as he still didn't get how this helped them at all. "You said you wanted to take control right? Wanna take a crack at it?" Liam thought as Eros went silent for a second. "We can hold Anti-Form for 3 minutes, any longer and your body will be under to much strain." Eros replies as he already knew what Liam's answer was going to be.
"We only need 1! Let's go Eros!" Liam shouted as Adam was almost right on top of him. A column of dark energy engulfed Liam as Adam was taken aback the sudden burst of energy that engulfed his opponent. The energy died down as Liam was now in Anti-Form as his glowing yellow eyes locked into Adam. Liam let out a demonic screech that shook the entire colosseum before dropping down on all fours. Liam lunges forward quicker then Adam could react as he was punched in the gut. Adam's aura was almost completely depleted from that one attack.
                Adam tried to slash at Liam's head, but Liam caught the blade with his hand before snapping the blade in two. Liam then grabbed Adam by the face before spinning around at high speeds on the tip of his foot. Liam then throws Adam as the Faunus slammed into the ground multiple times as his aura was now completely gone. "One minute is up, we only got 2 more." Eros said as Liam dropped down on all fours again before dashing forward. Adam shakily stood up, but was immediately grabbed by Liam again as the Keyblade Wielder picked him up.
               Liam then suplexed him as his head slammed into the ground. Before his body could collapse again, Liam kicked the Faunus high into the air. "That's 2 minutes gone, time to wrap this up Liam!" Eros said as Liam jumped high into the air before curling into a ball as he began to spin. Liam flew above Adam before delivering a powerful drop kick to Adam's torso. Adam was sent spiraling towards the ground as he made impact. A giant cloud of smoke and dirt shot into the sky as the colosseum shook again. Liam landed before throwing his head back and letting out one last demonic screech in victory.
                  Liam felt Anti-Form fade away as he shook his head from side to side. "Man it's so weird to actually have control of that form!" Liam said as he looked down at the now severely injured Adam. "Your welcome by the way, gotta admit a lot can get done in only 3 minutes." Eros said as he sounded slightly exhausted. "You okay?" Liam asked as he couldn't help but notice Eros being slightly tired. "You know how hard it is to keep that much wild dark energy in control? If it's all the same to you I'm gonna take a nap." Eros said before he went silent leaving Liam to finish up here.
             Liam heard clapping as he looked up to see a hooded figure holding a Keyblade he doesn't recognize and Xemnas looking down on him.