Chapter 31: Old and New Friends

So in the last chapter the peace negotiations had gone off without a hitch. Although Adam and two members of Organization 13 crashed the party and now all of Menagerie is under attack! Now our heroes must protect the island at all costs!

Zane ran through the streets of Menagerie as he watched the Atlas Soldier Robots getting all civilians to safety while holding off any Heartless and Nobodies that attempted to attack the civilians. Zane saw two Berserker Nobodies blocking his path as he summoned the Kingdom Key. "Outta my way!" Zane shouted as he used his Semblance to grab one of the Berserker Nobodies and sent him into the air. Zane jumped into the air before stabbing the Berserker Nobody in the chest as he used the body to crush the other Berserker Nobody. The two Nobodies were destroyed as Zane let out a sigh of relief.
Zane heard clapping as he turned to see Saix standing there with his Claymore stabbed into the ground next to him. "I see your as strong as ever Zane, I'm starting to see why that traitor Naxez was so powerful. Unfortunately that Nobody of yours got what he deserved for betraying Organization 13!" Saix said as he grabbed his Claymore before pointing it at Zane. "Your wring Saix! Naxez isn't gone! He's somewhere in my heart, and I will see him free!" Zane said with determination as he turned into Master Form as Oblivion levitated near his other hand that wasn't holding the Kingdom Key as he got into a fighting stance.
             Saix lunged towards Zane as he attempted an overhead swing, but Zane blocked the attack with the Kingdom Key before sending Oblivion flying into Saix's chest. Saix was sent sliding back as the ground underneath his feet were torn up from his resistance. Saix grabs Oblivion before throwing it back at Zane, who quickly stopped it. Zane once again sent Oblivion flying towards Saix, who smacked it away with his Claymore before quickly blocking Zane's jumping attack with the Kingdom Key. "Looks like your not that same inexperienced child you were four years ago." Saix said as he and Zane both continued to struggle for control.
"I'm full of surprises Saix!" Zane shouted as he sent Oblivion flying into Saix's side as the Organization member was knocked off his feet. Saix quickly recovered before rushing towards Zane once again. Saix jumped before spinning around as he brought his Claymore down on Zane. Zane was able to narrowly block the attack with the Kingdom Key, but was sent sliding back by the force of the attack. "What's wring Zane? Getting tired already?!" Saix taunted as he readied his Claymore once again. "I'm just getting started Saix!" Zane roared as he charged towards the Organization member.
Zane sent Oblivion flying at Saix from behind as he turned around to block the attack with his Claymore. Zane kept the pressure on with Oblivion as he closed the distance between him and Saix. Zane unleashed a combo of attacks with the Kingdom Key into Saix's back as Saix dropped his guard as he was now attacked from the front and back by the Kingdom Key and Oblivion. Saix was sent flying into the air as Zane jumped up so he was above him. Zane brought the Kingdom Key and Oblivion down, which sent Saix crashing into the ground as a small crater was formed.
Zane landed back on his feet as he looked down at Saix. "So do you give up Saix?" Zane said as he pointed the Kingdom Key at the downed Organization member. Saix used his Claymore to help himself back to his feet as he started laughing. "It seems your still naive as ever Zane! I was simply stalling for time, now your end is near!" Saix said as he laughed as his eyes started to glow. Zane looked up into the sky to see that the sun had set and now the broken moon was high in the sky. Saix stood up as his Claymore changed and he let out a rage filled roar.

 Saix stood up as his Claymore changed and he let out a rage filled roar