Chapter 41: Final Battle! Part 4:Dive into Zane's Heart!

In the last chapter Ruby and Yang encountered another Reaper, which led to a rather unfortunate outcome. Master Xehanort was also stopped from taking Zane's body. Unfortunately Zane still won't wake up! The battle isn't over yet.

Liam looked on as Glynda held her son, who was stuck in an unending sleep. "Dammit! Why did it have to be Zane?!" Liam thought you himself in anger as he clenched his fists tightly. "Liam, it is time." Yen Sid said as he walked up to the teenager. "What do we do Master Yen Sid?" Liam asked as he tried to hide the desperation in his voice from the Wizard. "Not we, you Liam. Your mission for the Mark of Mastery was to meet individuals with Heroic Hearts. Now use the Power of Waking to save Zane." Yen Sid said as Liam looked at him in surprise.
"What? Are you sure? What if I mess this up?" Liam said as he didn't think he could pull this off. "You still doubt yourself Liam? You have met many an individual with Heroic Hearts and you still don't see the point of that task?" Ten Sid said as Liam began to think about what Yen Sid was trying to tell him. Liam's eyes widened in realization as he nodded his head with a confident smile on his face. "Zane would risk it all to save me, now I gotta do the same for him!" Liam said as he got ready to go save Zane. "Liam wait!" Liam turned to look at his Grandmother who approached him.
Salem pulled Liam into a hug as she gently pet his head. Please comeback, I don't want to lose you as well." Salem said before she broke the hug. "I will Grandmother, and I'll bring Zane with me." Liam said as he summoned Way to the Dawn before pointing it at Zane as a keyhole appeared in front of the teen's torso. A beam of light shot from Way to the Dawn and entered the keyhole, opening a door to Zane's Heart. Liam's body collapses as he enters Zane's Heart. Salem catches him as she and everyone else in the room must wait for Liam to return.

Inside Zane's Heart
Liam landed in a part of Zane's Heart as he looked around for the main source of the Darkness. "Well, here we are again." Liam turned to see Ansem standing there across from him. "Ansem! Something tells me your not the cause of this." Liam said as he looked at the Seeker of Darkness with a neutral expression. "Yes, but are you really ready to face what lies ahead? The Darkness is still within you, you could still embrace it." Ansem said as he extended his hand out towards Liam. "Your right, there still is Darkness in my Heart, but that doesn't mean I have to embrace it to be stronger." Liam said as Ansem's eyes widened in surprise.
"Oh? Darkness is overwhelming, it's power surpasses that of the Light in many ways." Ansem said as Liam let out a small laugh at his words. "Your right, but what if I choose to embrace both the Darkness and the Light?" Liam asked as Ansem laughed at his words. "You can't be serious, you would choose to accept both within your Heart? Don't you know that Light and Darkness are in constant battle?" Ansem asked as he still looked amused by Liam's words. "Darkness and Light might clash, but they both need each other. So why can't their powers be united?" Liam asked as Ansem chuckled again.
"By all means show me how your little theory will work!" Ansem said as he summoned the shadow being he used to fight him and Zane back when they were kids.