Tomorrow - Chris Young

I still remember the first day I saw him. It was a rainy night and I was out in the town with some friends. A friend from the university was going to get married and we were all happy (really happy) for her. She was going to marry a good guy, the man she loved, and the truth is that she deserved it. For so many years she was afraid of never being capable of finding someone to love her and all her perfections and imperfections, but then he showed up right in time. 

I guess God has plans for all of us. We just need to wait. 

The night was cold and the rain outside was hitting the windows of the bar but we didn't really care. We were so happy. She was so happy. We were all dancing around with some music on the jukebox, glasses of champagne in our hands, taking pictures to remember that night. 

- Excuse me. - I asked a guy that was sitting on the bar next to us. I could tell he was almost my age. Brown eyes like chocolate and a nice smile. - Would you mind if I asked you to take us a picture?

He didn't seem bored at my question.

- Sure. No problem. - He said, taking my phone.

We all smiled for a picture to remind us of that night. 

- Thank you. - I said when he gave me my phone back and I could help but smile a little when we made eye contact.

- You're welcome... - And the way he talked seemed like he wanted to keep talking a little more.

I took a seat next to him.  I needed another glass of champagne.

- I'm Chris. - He said while I was waiting for the bartender. 

There was still music around (I thought it was the voice of Willie Nelson on the jukebox but I couldn't be sure) because I could swear my world just stopped for a second when I looked at his face. For a moment I felt my heart missing a beat and the words were trapped inside my mouth.

I didn't know in that night, but Chris was the love of my life.

...

I wish I knew exactly when it all went wrong. 

But now she is sitting on the bed with tears in her eyes and I'm on the kitchen floor with a glass of whiskey in my hands. My guitar is on the corner and I wish I could find some strength to write something... There's a melody inside my head, the words creating a little music but I don't think I can write it down on a paper right now, because writing it can only mean one thing: the last goodbye. 

God knows I am not ready to say goodbye... Not to her...

But tonight I'm gonna give in one last time
Rock you strong in these arms of mine

I made mistakes. She made mistakes. Damn, everybody makes mistakes... That doesn't mean we need to leave someone... But the way I saw her crying, the tears falling down her pretty face, I knew there was no turning back... It was over.

We only bring each other tears and sorrow...

She was sitting by the bed when I entered the room. Her eyes were red when she looked at me but there was no rage in them, just pure sadness. I guess she could see the same sadness in mine. And I know I should be stronger but I just couldn't resist to hold her just some more hours until the dawn in my arms. We both knew this was our last goodbye. I think we are bound to hurt each other from the beginning... I just wish I could know how to make this work out.

In my arms, when she kisses my lips and touches me for the last time I can't help but think again of that little refrain in my head.

Forget all the regrets that are bound to follow,

We're like fire and gasoline

I'm no good for you

You're no good for me

I keep thinking of the first time I saw her... That old bar and our first dance. And now in her bedroom with her in my arms, I would do anything to turn back the sand of time... To tell her again that I love her... I need her...  

- Please... - She whispers kissing me again like right now nothing else matters. - Oh baby, when we're good, you know we are great... So love me... Love me... Just one last time... 

And then again, feeling her touch burning my skin, some words echo in my mind.

Tonight, honey, I'm gonna love you like there's no tomorrow...