Preferences: Leave your lover

Luke Bryan: I knew it was wrong ... so wrong. So how could this be all I wanted most?

The late afternoon was sending the last rays of sunlight through the blinds of the hotel room. It had happened again, Luke and I were there again. And that was so wrong. Sure the sex was great, and Luke was always so kind and soft with me, but there was no love... Well, at least from him.

I should have been embarrassed, but instead, when I looked Luke in the eyes I could only feel love. I was hopelessly in love with that man ... But that man was married to an amazing woman who loved him and was waiting for him in a few hours at home.

How could I be the kind of person that does this?

How could I keep sneaking around with the man I love even when I know it's all so wrong?

"A penny for your thoughts, baby.", Luke's voice brought me back to the reality. In that light coming in through the bedroom shutters, Luke was a dream so close to me that I would never be able to reach. He would never love me ... Not as much as I loved him...

"What?"

"I was asking what are you thinking about.", Luke said. "You're too quiet."

I swallowed hard thinking about how to say what I was feeling.

"Do you ever feel guilty?", I ask, and Luke raised an eyebrow. "About this... About us."

"Hey baby...", he tried to touch my face but I moved. "Why are you thinking about that?"

"Because I need to know... Luke, we can't keep doing this. You're a married man. With an amazing wife, I'm pretty sure she doesn't deserve this."

"You know perfectly well that Caroline and I are not in a good phase."

"I know, Luke... But you love her.", I said, and even though Luke tried to talk, I didn't let him. I needed to say everything I was feeling. "She's your wife and you should really try to make everything alright between you and her. This... Us... This is nothing but a mistake."

"Don't say that..."

"Luke...", I grabbed his hand. "It was nice while it lasted, but I can't keep doing this. You must stay with Caroline. She's your wife and you love her."

Luke and I were just a temporary affair... And nothing more than that. Because he loved Caroline. And even though you loved him you knew he would never leave his lover.

Chris Young: We laughed all day, having fun in Santa Monica like two best friends, but when Chris touched my hand I knew that "best friends" wasn't the right word to describe us.

The sun was coming down at the end of the day on the beach and Chris was sat in the sand beside me. His fingers touched me slowly like he was afraid I would brush him off... Like it was the first time he touched me but we both knew it wasn't the first time...

And it was so wrong.

Even though Chris was single, I was engaged. I had a beautiful fiancé waiting for me at home. And he was a good man, always so kind and loving with me, so he sure didn't deserve any of that... Maybe he didn't deserve me... Especially after what I have done yesterday. 

I was so ashamed.

"Hey, what's wrong?", Chris asked me. "You're acting weird. It's about... Last night?".