Preferences: Cheater

Chris Young: He was sitting on the couch of your living room. His cowboy hat was right beside him and he was tapping his boots on the wood floor. 

"What's wrong, Chris?", you asked. He was looking nervous and you didn't know why. 

He looked at you like he was trying to find the courage to say something... Something really important. 

"Let's talk about your boyfriend.", he said.

You sat beside him on the couch trying to understand what he meant by talking about your boyfriend. 

"What's wrong with him?", you asked.

Chris has always been your best friend. You knew you could trust him, so when he held your hand (so tenderly as always) you were sure something was really wrong.

"I think he got another girlfriend... I'm sorry.", he said without wasting anymore time. 

"What?", you asked. You had to admit the things had been a little rough with your boyfriend in the last months. The truth is that you weren't even sure if you still loved him. He started to drink a lot more, acting in a way you have never seen before.

"I'm really sorry..." Chris added. "He is a freaking cheater. I just thought you needed to know."

Laying your head for some seconds on the couch you didn't try to argue with Chris saying that he wasn't a cheater... Maybe deep down inside your heart you have always known. Your boyfriend was a freaking cheater. 

"How do you know?", you just asked. You wanted to know how did Chris find out that. Was your boyfriend riding around with some other girl on his new sports car? Was he taking her to your favourite place in the town? Was he slow dancing with her on the bar?

Beside you, Chris stayed quiet. 

"Tell me, Chris!", you said feelling angry and betrayed at the same time. Why didn't your boyfriend just broke up with you? Why did he have to be a freaking cheater?

"Do you really want to know that?", Chris asked worring about you. "He is a cheater. What else do you need to know?"

"I just need to...", you said. So you could move on.

"He has been telling you lies...", Chris started to talk. "I saw him downtown with a girl. He was smiling and laughing with her... And one day I saw them getting in his car and I just couldn't stop myself from knowing where he was going..." Chris made a pause. "I could hear them through the bedroom wall..."

Without keeping the tears from falling, you felt your heart breaking... You just couldn't keep your mind from imagining your boyfriend touching another woman in a small town motel...

"It's okay, darling...", Chris said, holding you in his arms and comforting you. "It's all gonna be alright, honey..."

And seeing the girl he always loved crying because of some bastard, Chris couldn't stop thinking that maybe, after all, you can end up with him... Maybe one day...

Keith Urban: Sunday night was raining in Nashville and Keith thought the weather outside couldn't be more depressing. He was sitting alone by the fireplace on his house and the only thing on his mind was you. Always you...

He just didn't seem to be capable of forgetting you... Your sweet voice... The brightest smile in a room... The only face in a crowd.

And why? That was the only question on his mind while the drink kept flooding his blood... Why did you leave him? Wasn't he good enough?