I don't drink anymore - Jason Aldean

"Boy, you got a choice to make..."

I remember her saying those words to me. I could see the sadness in her eyes as she tries to fight back the tears again. She was tired... Tired of every wrong thing I've done. Tired of the promises I made and never kept.

"Can't you see?", she asked. "Look at you, Jason. You're a mess. Always drunk.".

Maybe she was right. I was a mess. I've always been a mess. But this was the way I was raised round here. This was the way I grown up with the boys round here. You can't blame a guy like me for liking all that stuff: the bars, guitars and neon lights. I wasn't hurting anyone...

Except her heart.

"You got a choice to make...", she repeated. "Who you going to choose? It's me or them."

"Honey...", I tried to hold her hand but she brushed me off. She picked a bad time to try and slow me down.

"Jason. It's me or the drinking. I can't keep doing this."

She was done with my Friday nights getting drunk at some bar downtown.

She was done with going out with friends until the sunrise.

She was done with parties on the town.

She was tired of Jack Daniels, Johnnie Walker and Jim Beam.

I just want someone to want me for who I am...

Because all of this is who I am.

And I wish I could say that I don't drink anymore but the truth is that I don't drink any less since she went away.

*****

This music has been on my head 24/7. What's your favorite country song right now?