Chapter 2: Jet Lag

"I can't believe he broke up with me just because he's too stupid to get into Beacon!" Weiss growled as she stomped towards the runway, followed closely by Klein. "Seriously! Why would he break up with me?! I was going to break up with him!!"

"Miss Schnee, maybe -And this is just a thought- Maybe he didn't like how often you referred to his intelligence as the deciding factor of your relationship?"

"Why would he care? He was more focused on dueling anyways, he never cared about his grades." The ivory girl sneered. "I just can't believe him right now."

Ahead was one of the many beautiful jets owned by the Schnee family, Klein nodding to the pilot as the pair stepped aboard.

"Well maybe you can try again one day. He was a nice boy, I think he just didn't want to struggle with the distance." The butler offered.

Weiss scoffed and sat back, turning her head out towards the window. "I'm done with him. I think I'm done with all the boys."

The man's eyes lit up in excitement. "That's a great idea! Take some time for yourself and~"

"I'm going to get a girlfriend at Beacon." She decided firmly, her tone leaving no room for discussion.

Klein, obviously not noticing the lack of discussion room, opened his mouth to speak.

"You know that your father wouldn't be very pleased with that." He pointed out, arms crossed. "He cares more about the shareholders than his family."

She smirked half to herself while her eyes drifted over the workers moving out of the plane's path. "I've already spoken to him about it. As long as they aren't a faunus, he doesn't care who I date."

"Really..?"

"The world has shifted enough that shareholders can't back out or make big choices without somebody finding out why." Weiss explained. "And anyone leaving because of the gay daughter would be destroyed instantly, leaving whatever's left to be bought up by my father. He's fine with it."

"Sometimes I feel you're both too similar..." The Schnee family's butler sighed as they began to take off.

The trip was scheduled to take about eight hours, leaving Weiss with plenty of time to look over her schoolwork and classes.

She got bored fast.

The heiress sighed deeply before turning her head up. "Klein, did I pack any~"

"You have over two hundred films to choose from." He told her, handing over a tablet and headphones. "I made sure not to let your father choose anything."

A smile came to her lips at the last remark. Klein had been there for Weiss every step of the way, even when her mother locked herself away and her father started to distance himself from the family for his work. When Winter left to join the Mage Guard or when Whitley decided he was just going to be a jerk all the time, Klein was the one dependable person that Weiss always had around.

"You are seriously too good to be a butler." The ivory haired girl laughed as she put in her earbuds and started up a film.

---

As the pilot's voice came over the speaker, reminding the passengers that they will soon be landing, Weiss took one last moment to stretch and put her things away.

"Finally. It felt like forever getting here."

"Miss, you were asleep for nearly the entire flight." Klein helpfully pointed out. "But I do appreciate how long the two hours you were awake must have been. Horrible I'm sure."

The heiress smirked over at her friend. "You're so mean sometimes, you know that right?"

"Oh my, I hadn't noticed at all. I will straighten myself out immediately."

The pair laughed lightly as the flight made touchdown, the pilot helping them out as the ground crew got ready to move the jet out of the runway area.

"So, finally going off on your own." Klein prompted. "How do you feel?"

"Like it didn't come fast enough." She laughed in response. The small airport was set over a hillside, giving a nearly perfect view of the beautiful city of Vale, Beacon set in the distance on a floating island high in the air.

I'm ready for this.