Chapter 3: Well Excuse Me Princess

"Yaaaaaaaaang, I'm booooooored..."

"Did you read your book?" The blonde asked simply as she stayed in her laid back position on the bus.

Ruby frowned at her, pouting at the indifference she put out. "Yeah..."

"Did you play your games?"

"The battery just died!"

"Did you charge it last night?"

Her silence made Yang smile, opening her eyes too see her sister starring out the window looking disappointed in herself.

"Hey, it's cool." She told Ruby, throwing a quick punch to her shoulder. "You've been real mature and real focused the past few weeks. I'm sure I'd have forgotten something too if I was working that hard."

"You did forget something." The young brunette pointed out as she dug into her bag, pulling out a toothbrush. "Hygiene."

"Ok, to be fair, it's really easy to buy one of those." Yang laughed, leaning back again.

Ruby rolled her eyes and chuckled while trying to relax as well. The bus was almost there, almost to the magic lift under the flying heights of Beacon. Another few minutes and they'd be on their way to being powerful witches.

"Jeez, someone's overcompensating..." Yang muttered as the bus came to a stop underneath the floating island, visible for miles in any direction and towering over everything is Vale.

Once aboard the lift up, everyone stood in amazement at the lights that pulled them from the ground and brought them to the school above. Many watched the view, others pointing out the city nearby, and one poor guy was sitting with his head between his knees trying not to get sick.

And as they came over the edge of the island, surrounded by airships coming to drop off students, Beacon Academy was shone brighter than ever before. Magnificent towers of jade and ivory stone surrounded a massive structure similar to that of a modern castle.

"Woah..." Ruby breathed out in shock as she watched swarms of people talking and exploring the grounds.

"Woah is right." Yang laughed, throwing an arm over her sister's shoulder. "And speaking of woah... You wouldn't mind if I went to find Blake, would you?"

The girl raised a brow and crossed her arms. "That was fast, wasn't it? Already leaving me for dead?"

"Not for dead, for adventure."

Ruby shook her head slowly, a smile inching forward. "Fine, but you better introduce me to this girl at some point."

Yang was off in an instant, gone as she went to find a black haired faunus. "Thanks Rubes! You're the best! See you later!"

Ruby chuckled as her red dyed hair blew in the wind and she began to walk forward. "Yang, you are just too much someti~AAAHH!!"

The rush of wind caught her off guard as her body swung forward while she tripped over some bags.

"You idiot!!!"

The young dark haired girl looked up to see an ivory skinned princess hovering over her, glaring down at her and the tipped over bag.

"Are you blind or just stupid?! Can't you watch where you're going?!"

"I-I'm sorry, I got distracted..." Ruby stuttered out, slightly freaked out at the sudden attack.

"Distracted?" The girl in the white skirt asked. "Distracted?! Just pay more attention!"

"Hey, I said I was sorry, so quit being so mean!" She snapped back, standing up and picking up the bag to set it up right. "There, now calm down."

The ivory princess narrowed her eyes before turning and walking away with the bag, a butler by her side with about twelve more.

"Hate to be the one stuck as her roommate..." Ruby muttered as she made her way towards the main building. Stopping at the dorm could wait, she wanted to see everything!

———

"There is a lot of everything to see here..."

After a 'quick' tour, Ruby found that this place was utterly massive. The cafeteria alone could hold at least a thousand people. There were seemingly hundreds of classrooms, but likely it was just her imagination with how overwhelming everything was.

"That Ooblek guy is a heck of a tour guide..." She muttered while walking into the dormitory. "Never even had a chance to catch my breath..."

"Ruby!"

The feeling of a train hugging her at full speed shook the girl with dyed hair out of her exhaustion, Yang lifting her up with 'affection' and 'broken ribs'.

"Please don't snap me..." Ruby whined, an octave higher than usually. "Please..."

"Yang, be careful with your sister." A girl with a ribbon in her black hair said, placing a hand on the blonde's shoulder.

She rolled her eyes, but in a moment Ruby was back on her feet and not suffocating.

"Thank you, kind stranger... I am forever in your debt..."

The girl chuckled lightly to herself as she offered a hand. "Blake."

"Ruby." She replied, shaking the girl's hand. "So you're my sister's girlfriend... I was expecting someone smaller to be honest."

Blake smirked, wrapping an arm around Yang's waist. "I think she was too."

"Guess I'll leave you both to it then." Ruby laughed as she turned to make it down the hall. "Don't have too much fun."

Finding the room, she turned the handle and froze as she saw a girl in perfect white, looking as if royalty even when she was alone.

She also looked pissed.